All Grass All Day in Pennsylvania

flybill7

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bill
I spent Sunday flying around Pennsylvania with a trio of Citabrias, landing on nothing but grass. The highlight was a visit to the Golden Age Air Museum at Grimes Airfield (8N1). Here's a weblog of the day. Enjoy.

Link

I spent Sunday flying around Pennsylvania with a trio of Citabrias, landing on nothing but grass. The highlight was a visit to the Golden Age Air Museum at Grimes Airfield (8N1). Here's a weblog of the day. Enjoy.

Link

Great pics! Looks like a great day in my favorite part of Pennsylvania!

Link
That was fun to see! You all do the BEST grass strip tours, ever! I wish I could have gone with you guys! :yes:

How is Ernie at Farmer's Pride? He sure is a neat guy. Ernie took such good care of me when I got stranded there.

Your RV looks great! That's the first time I'd seen photos of it. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time flying it all over. :)

really nice job with the pics. Sounds like you had a great weekend too!

WOW! A Champion Lancer! not too many of those around, neat airplane. and a Jenny! sounds like a great day!

That was fun to see! You all do the BEST grass strip tours, ever! I wish I could have gone with you guys! :yes:

How is Ernie at Farmer's Pride? He sure is a neat guy. Ernie took such good care of me when I got stranded there.

Your RV looks great! That's the first time I'd seen photos of it. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time flying it all over. :)

I didn't get to meet Ernie. This was my first time landing at Farmer's Pride. You picked a great place to get stranded -- I really liked the airport. There was lots of activity, friendly people, and the town was close by.

Thanks for the nice words about the RV. I'm having a lot of fun with it. The speed opens up new flying worlds. You'll definately see it someday land at your Missouri strip. But I do miss the Citabria. Fortunately my brother-in-law has a Cub he lets me fly so I can still get my low and slow fix. Took a friend who is a hunter from work up in it yesterday late afternoon. See saw hundreds of deer over on the Eastern Shore. He was so excited, I was worried about him jumping out of the airplane!

Very cool!

I live a five minute drive from 0PS7, which is just over the mountain from 0PS3.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Great stuff... I love hanging out at Grimes. First time I stopped there (by car), the museum was not technically open, but as they were on a lunch break while building the Jenny, I was given the grand tour anyway. Quite an amazing collection of airworthy classics there!
Been a while though... last time I visited the Jenny didn't even have the engine hung on it yet. I've got to get out there this month for the sunset display...

The Jenny is a thing of beauty. They did a fantastic job on it. I have to go back to Grimes to see it fly.

I have visited Grimes a couple of times as my BIL lives not far from there. I have never flown in but I have hopes of doing that some day.

Back