SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
...First logbook, that is.

That funny, navy-blue Cessna Pilot Center logbook, with the first entry dated 5/23/02, 172 5946E, "Lesson #1, Turns, climbs, descents, trim, 0.7hr"

Close it out with 353.6 hours, Instrument, HP and Complex. Total of 33 different aircraft in there (no credit for the sim time in the 737-300), ranging from the Diamond DA20-C1 to the A36.

Flipping through it is good fun, already in that short period many "oh yeah!" recollections to be had. Cannot believe I waited so long to learn to fly, and I am so glad I did.

Now to start on the new, green-paged Jepp logbook. And many more adventures to come.

Cool milestone - thanks for sharing. Kind of like old photo albums - good for trips down memory lane!

I switched to this book after getting my PPL: http://www.flyingd.net/index.htm#flywrite

I wanted somewhere to write a short paragraph on my experiences. Greg Brown (author of "Flying Carpet" book and columns in Flight Training mag) recommended it to me. I love being able to re-read about the flights!

I'm on #2 as well, but awhile back, I picked up an electronic log book that I decided to use along with the paper one so I would have a record in case something happened to the hard copy. That caused me to go through the thing, beginning to end, copying the dates, times, etc. It sure was a walk down memory lane with good and bad rememberances. Geeze, did it really take me that long to solo? First tangle with get-home-itis, a landing at Miegs, my first AirLifeLine flight. I would suggest not only writing a small paragraph about the flights, but also set aside a time once a month to go back and look through it. A ton of fun and might just get you thinking about going back to that place again......

gkainz said:
Cool milestone - thanks for sharing. Kind of like old photo albums - good for trips down memory lane!

When I take other people flying, I have THEM write in the "comments" section and sign it... it's like my own little guestbook, and it's cool to go back and read all the "My FIRST FLIGHT in a small plane, it was SO COOOOOOOL!" comments.

Troy

Must be a small logbook, Spike. I've got 442 in mine now (the standard Jepp book) and it still has about 20 empty pages. Of course, lots of XC entries.

I also have an Excel workbook with log, summaries and airport and passenger lists. And there is the Journal.

I spend more time writing than flying. ;)

Brian Austin said:
I switched to this book after getting my PPL: http://www.flyingd.net/index.htm#flywrite

I wanted somewhere to write a short paragraph on my experiences. Greg Brown (author of "Flying Carpet" book and columns in Flight Training mag) recommended it to me. I love being able to re-read about the flights!

That's really neat! I don't think I should ask for one though, since Cathy bought me a nice pretty Jepp Professional one as a present to celebrate getting my PPL. She might call me mean names LOL.

The Old Man said:
Must be a small logbook, Spike. I've got 442 in mine now (the standard Jepp book) and it still has about 20 empty pages. Of course, lots of XC entries. ;)

Bo, it was relatively small, and my flights are on average shorter than yours (I do envy your adventures). The Cessna Pilot Center logbook is sort of a low-budget affair, but I still love it for those cool entries like "First Supervised Solo, Congratulations" and "Successfully completed Private Pilot Check Ride."

Boy I wanna fly today- but is it WINDY!

SCCutler said:
Boy I wanna fly today- but is it WINDY!

You mean to tell me you are going to let a little bit of wind slow you down???

:rofl:

Back