All Female Aviation Company

Very cool! Now if they'd get younger, prettier, employees, I'd support them. :rofl:

Under services, I noticed that "cooking", "cleaning", and "tending to the children" were not listed. What gives?

Very cool! Now if they'd get younger, prettier, employees, I'd support them. :rofl:

Under services, I noticed that "cooking", "cleaning", and "tending to the children" were not listed. What gives?

Y'all are gonna be sleeping alone you know?

A woman was walking along the beach when she stumbled upon a genie's lamp. She picked it up and rubbed it. Lo-and-behold a genie appeared. The amazed woman asked if she got three wishes.
The Genie said, "Nope. Due to inflation, constant downsizing, low wages in third-world countries and fierce global competition, I can only grant you one wish. So, what'll it be?"
The woman didn't hesitate. She said, "I want peace in the Middle East.
See this map? I want these countries to stop fighting with each other."
The Genie looked at the map and exclaimed, "Gadzooks, lady! These countries have been at war for thousands of years. I'm good, but not THAT good! I don't think it can be done. Make another wish."
The woman thought for a minute. She said, "Well, I've been trying to find the right husband. You know, one that's considerate and fun, likes to cook and helps with the housecleaning, has a great sense of humor and gets along with my family, doesn't watch sports all the time
and is faithful. That's what I wish for. A good mate."
The Genie let out a long sigh and said, "Let me see that map again.

Last edited:
Another one that rings a little true for some ;)
Men are like a fine wine. They start out as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the poop out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.

We're gonna need a good photo of YOU before we can tell how much weight to give this post, Anthony!

Don't worry Tom, I can hold my own. (and usually end up having to.....LOL!)

So much for the 'front porch' feeling here. I just signed up a new student for Project Pilot and I'm finding fewer and fewer aviation forums I'd recommend to her.

So much for the 'front porch' feeling here. I just signed up a new student for Project Pilot and I'm finding fewer and fewer aviation forums I'd recommend to her.

Kind of what I was thinking. Too bad the WIA forums aren't as active as others, I might hang out there more.

Funny, I hear complaints from guys all the time that more women aren't in to flying. They go on and on about how lucky some guy is to find a SO that is as thrilled about flying as they are, yet instead of applauding those who make an effort to promote more female involvement in the hobby/profession, we get snide remarks about where they think women should really be.

If you find one, let me know. I also have a new mentee and don't feel comfortable "recommending" any aviation forum to her.

Sorry Diana, it was just a joke. Maybe we should have another forum here just for humor. Maybe "Laugh Zone" or something. :redface:

Kind of what I was thinking. Too bad the WIA forums aren't as active as others, I might hang out there more.

Funny, I hear complaints from guys all the time that more women aren't in to flying. They go on and on about how lucky some guy is to find a SO that is as thrilled about flying as they are, yet instead of applauding those who make an effort to promote more female involvement in the hobby/profession, we get snide remarks about where they think women should really be.

Hey, if I could find a decent looking woman that had a good enough job, was able to buy a plane, and still have enough left over so I could stay at home, I would have absolutely no objections to that. Hell, I'm already cooking and cleaning and doing laundry anyway. I'd trade in my day job to do that in a heartbeat, if someone else was going to pay for all my flying and fun stuff.

Hey, if I could find a decent looking woman that had a good enough job, was able to buy a plane, and still have enough left over so I could stay at home, I would have absolutely no objections to that. Hell, I'm already cooking and cleaning and doing laundry anyway. I'd trade in my day job to do that in a heartbeat, if someone else was going to pay for all my flying and fun stuff.

Gee I can't figure out why some lucky gal has not snapped you up yet :p

Gee I can't figure out why some lucky gal has not snapped you up yet :p

Yeah, I can't figure it out. They don't like cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry, and here I am offering to do that, and no one takes me up on it. Hypocrites I tell ya! Hypocrites! :p

yet instead of applauding those who make an effort to promote more female involvement in the hobby/profession, we get snide remarks about where they think women should really be.

Hey, did it ever occur to you that my remark was intended as good natured, sexist fun? :rolleyes:

Lighten up!

Hey, did it ever occur to you that my remark was intended as good natured, sexist fun? :rolleyes:

Lighten up!

Maybe we should throw a hissy fit next time one of them makes a crack about us never asking for directions. Which by the way, I can never recall doing.

Lighten up!

I'm sure everyone could tell that you were making a joke.

There are certainly female pilots that I would make such a joke to in person because I know that a) they know it's just a joke and I'm actually poking fun more at "typical" male thought processes than at women pilots, b) they are comfortable enough with themselves that they are able to laugh about the crap that they get all the time for real from chauvinistic male pilots, c) they know that I don't actually feel that way at all and am extremely supportive of women pilots and am appalled at the way I see them being treated by my male peers from time to time.

On an open forum, you can't gauge your audience. As a result, I think we need to be much more careful about the jokes we make. I'm deeply concerned that a few people (male and female) have said that they don't feel comfortable recommending this forum to new women pilots.

It's likely that you simply enjoy making Archie Bunker style jokes and mean no harm by it. However, there's no way to tell the difference between that and a true chauvinist who has found that it's ok to say how they really feel as long as they put a smiley face afterwards.

Even if you think some of us are over reacting to something that's 'just a joke', I think it's clear that a number of board members feel alienated by such jokes. I'm sure that most women here aren't affected in a negative way by the jokes you and others make at their expense, but some are.

I'd hate to think we can't make any gender based jokes at all on this board, but it's important to ensure that we don't go too far and alienate other board members for the sake of making a joke.

Chris

I'm sure everyone could tell that you were making a joke.

There are certainly female pilots that I would make such a joke to in person because I know that a) they know it's just a joke and I'm actually poking fun more at "typical" male thought processes than at women pilots, b) they are comfortable enough with themselves that they are able to laugh about the crap that they get all the time for real from chauvinistic male pilots, c) they know that I don't actually feel that way at all and am extremely supportive of women pilots and am appalled at the way I see them being treated by my male peers from time to time.

On an open forum, you can't gauge your audience. As a result, I think we need to be much more careful about the jokes we make. I'm deeply concerned that a few people (male and female) have said that they don't feel comfortable recommending this forum to new women pilots.

It's likely that you simply enjoy making Archie Bunker style jokes and mean no harm by it. However, there's no way to tell the difference between that and a true chauvinist who has found that it's ok to say how they really feel as long as they put a smiley face afterwards.

Even if you think some of us are over reacting to something that's 'just a joke', I think it's clear that a number of board members feel alienated by such jokes. I'm sure that most women here aren't affected in a negative way by the jokes you and others make at their expense, but some are.

I'd hate to think we can't make any gender based jokes at all on this board, but it's important to ensure that we don't go too far and alienate other board members for the sake of making a joke.

Chris
Well stated, and I agree. I'm also guilty of making some off-colour and insensitive jokes myself, but I try (hopefully successfully) to make them to an audience that appreciates that a) they are only jokes and b) that I have a terrible sense of humour! I know enough people on this board on a one-on-one basis that I sometimes forget that there are those I don't know personally, and if I've said anything to offend anyone, I'm truly sorry.

I don't think we want to perform self-censorship to the point that the board is either boring, G-rated, or non-challenging, but we do need to be sensitive to others feelings. And Anthony, yes, I realized it was a joke and am not coming down on you. We do need more women in aviation, though, and anything that keeps them from feeling included needs to be looked at carefully.

Lighten up!

I have a sense of humor. I can tell a good off-color joke with the best of them. You don't work where you are the only woman in a squad with 135 men and not have a sense of humor. But in my opinion, there is funny (I giggled at the genie joke-and it'd be funny no matter how you changed the nouns and pronouns around), and then there is just rude. If those two women in the article were members here--and we don't know that they weren't--they probably aren't any more with a couple of comments like I've seen in this thread.

Last edited:
I apologize for my neanderthal behavior ... so simple even a caveman could do it TM

Last edited:
Another one that rings a little true for some ;)
[/FONT][/SIZE]

Scott,

That's the funniest one I've seen in the whole thread! :rofl:

Hey wait a minute. I'm offended. :mad: :rolleyes: ;)

:D

Folks, send the women here. We're tame. If they can't handle the stuff that's said here, the guys hanging around at the FBO are sure to drive them away from aviation anyway. :(

I have a sense of humor. I can tell a good off-color joke with the best of them. You don't work where you are the only woman in a squad with 135 men and not have a sense of humor. But in my opinion, there is funny (I giggled at the genie joke-and it'd be funny no matter how you changed the nouns and pronouns around), and then there is just rude. If those two women in the article were members here--and we don't know that they weren't--they probably aren't any more with a couple of comments like I've seen in this thread.

Thanks for your candid thoughts Lisa. To the extent that I have offended anyone, I apologize.

Thanks for your candid thoughts Lisa. To the extent that I have offended anyone, I apologize.
Thanks Anthony. I think that Chris had a good point about what new people or outsiders may think about comments here. Those people may not understand some of us here, and may not understand our humor. It's like if we were talking on the front porch and someone passing by overheard it, and didn't know us well enough to know it was funny. I too wondered what those two dynamic women would have thought if they came across this thread.

I can laugh at myself (heaven knows I have plenty of reasons too!) and did a reality check this morning with my husband:

Diana: "Do you think I have a sense of humor"?

Tom: "Sense of humor"?

Diana: "Do you always repeat my questions with a question when you're being careful"?

Tom: "Repeat questions with a question"?

And we had our first good laugh (many more to come) of the day. :D

Yeah, I can't figure it out. They don't like cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry, and here I am offering to do that, and no one takes me up on it. Hypocrites I tell ya! Hypocrites! :p
But there's always a price... ;)

Keep looking, Ed. My wonderful wife :blowingkisses: has quit her job, started a new company, rented office space at Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street in Manhattan, hired an employee and taken in a partner... her objective? Make enough money so I can retire and buy a plane! :yes:

No! I will not introduce you to her!!! :lightning:

-Skip

Keep looking, Ed. My wonderful wife :blowingkisses: has quit her job, started a new company, rented office space at Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street in Manhattan, hired an employee and taken in a partner... her objective? Make enough money so I can retire and buy a plane! :yes:

No! I will not introduce you to her!!! :lightning:

-Skip

YUP, Keep looking Ed.

Back