All Airports in Michigan

Mark Angle

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
lilrkt
Now that I finally own my own airplane after 20 years of being a pilot, I am planning to start off with a quest to land at every airport (that I'm allowed to) in Michigan. I've landed at places like Standish and Davison in my past that are now sadly no longer around. Any others that I should put to the top of the list that may not be around much longer?

For reference, I'm flying a C-182S and based in KPTK so getting into and out of any reasonable (land) field shouldn't be a problem.

Also would love more info on places like Grindstone City, Trout Island, and other "objectionable" or private fields I may be able to venture into to either just say I've been there or make some new friends along the way.

All info is appreciated :)

Now that I finally own my own airplane after 20 years of being a pilot, I am planning to start off with a quest to land at every airport (that I'm allowed to) in Michigan. I've landed at places like Standish and Davison in my past that are now sadly no longer around. Any others that I should put to the top of the list that may not be around much longer?

For reference, I'm flying a C-182S and based in KPTK so getting into and out of any reasonable (land) field shouldn't be a problem.

Also would love more info on places like Grindstone City, Trout Island, and other "objectionable" or private fields I may be able to venture into to either just say I've been there or make some new friends along the way.

Have fun. There's some Michigites around here, or is that Michilanders who should chime in and offer some experiences.

One of the YouTube videos from GMBC they fly into Uncle John’s Cider Mill. It’s not a listed airport but it looks like a great spot to go.

Uncle John's Cider Mill
(989) 224-3686
https://goo.gl/maps/DBoLFjX1KSbK76gb6

Somebody on here has done it in their state (not Michigan)...it was awhile ago, but I think it was @PeterNSteinmetz maybe? Who ever it was, I seem to recall they wrote an article about it as well.

Does Michigan have a passport program where you get prizes for hitting them all? I’m working on ND and MN

Does Michigan have a passport program where you get prizes for hitting them all? I’m working on ND and MN
Not that I am aware of. One no longer participating member on here finished this up for the state of MI in 2006.

Not that I am aware of. One no longer participating member on here finished this up for the state of MI in 2006.

And we've lost a bunch of airports since then.

(But gained a few, thank you!!)

i think we've lost about net 20 in 20 years. I remember there being 238 around when I started and it's now down to 218 public use.

Thanks for all the good notes so far. I've been watching GMBC for a while and enjoy their adventures. I remember the one about Uncle John's now and will add that to my list.

@PeterNSteinmetz thank you for sharing your articles. I have a brother-in-law that flies out of Prescott and I'll have to ask him about some of these.

And...I will say we are in fact Michiganders :)

Back