Alert Bad ADIZ/TFR info

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Hey everyone I just got an email from AOPA about the Quatico VA TFR on Thursday Oct 30, 2008 Be aware that the image they attached to their email is incorrect it list the ADIZ as the Speed ring and the FRZ as the ADIZ. I called AOPA to let them know and they gave a YIKEs :hairraise:and will be correcting it but just wanted to give you a heads up.

I wonder if I get an extra entry to win the glass Archer for catching this:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Incorrect ADIZ.gif
    Incorrect ADIZ.gif
    98.7 KB · Views: 35
Adam,

Nice catch. I see Shannon is in the Quantico TFR. Will that effect your trip?

I saw that last night and when awww sheesh but it looks like its over around 3 on Thursday and I'm not headed down till Friday afternoon. If it were friday or sunday I'd be in the Mazda instead of the cherokee.

Hey everyone I just got an email from AOPA about the Quatico VA TFR on Thursday Oct 30, 2008 Be aware that the image they attached to their email is incorrect it list the ADIZ as the Speed ring and the FRZ as the ADIZ. I called AOPA to let them know and they gave a YIKEs :hairraise:and will be correcting it but just wanted to give you a heads up.

I wonder if I get an extra entry to win the glass Archer for catching this:rolleyes:

You should get an extra entry!

Last edited:
Yea Tim thats right they idendtified the FRZ as the ADIZ and the ADIZ as the Speed Ring.

I haven't looked at the TFR, but won't you be able to land at Shannon if you are on an IFR flight plan? Or is this one of those presidential "nobody flies or you die!" TFRs.

Its a TFR for the POTUS who will be there. I'm not gonna file IFR as I'm not yet comfortable using the Gray Scale OBS in Gary's plan yet. Having problems wrapping my brain around no needles and not a circular face.

Its a TFR for the POTUS who will be there. I'm not gonna file IFR as I'm not yet comfortable using the Gray Scale OBS in Gary's plan yet. Having problems wrapping my brain around no needles and not a circular face.

Needles? What the heck are they? An OBS? Isn't that some sorta female doc? Why can't you just follow the pink line?????:lol::lol::lol:

Adam,.. sorry to dissappoint you, but they have given me the AOPA Archer :raspberry:

LOL,... I wish. First thing I'd do is create a Wings Archer Pilots LLC for all of us. :thumbsup:

Rob, you must be mistaken. I have been awarded the Archer. I will, however, sell it to you for an amount equall to that required to buy the shiny restored Mustang I have been drooling over.

Back