Alcor TCP

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
Anyone use this product? Thoughts?

The previous owner used this product faithfully. I’m going to carry on with the recommended mix for the Deb’s fuel load.

Attachments

• 65791DE3-0D23-4DDA-A5E0-C464E169CCCE.jpeg
    65791DE3-0D23-4DDA-A5E0-C464E169CCCE.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 47
Wouldn't use it myself as I'd rather not risk permanent nervous system damage.

They reformulated to actually be TPP which isn't quite as bad toxicity, just don't get it on your hands. They give you that syringe for good reason.

You say a deb? Which engine do you have now? The big reason for TCP use is for engines that were designed for 80 that are choking on the high quantities of lead in 100LL (which is only low compared to the old 100/130, it's still four times the lead that 80 had).

I can't say it likely hurts, but it may not be necessary.

I have the IO 470 K that is good for AVGAS. When running the 100LL the previous owner used the TCP.

I use the syringe that was supplied and always wear gloves, even when I sump.

Latex and nitrile are completely ineffectual for TCP. You need butyl or PVC/PVA gloves to be safe.

On the recommendation of a local CFI/A&P, I just bought some for my 140A. @Ted DuPuis, any thoughts on this stuff?

On the recommendation of a local CFI/A&P, I just bought some for my 140A. @Ted DuPuis, any thoughts on this stuff?

In something around 2,500 hours of flying piston aircraft (which amounts to close to 5,000 engine hours) the only times I've ever had fouled plugs were when the plugs were old and needed to get replaced. Technically they've all been "high compression" (or turbocharged) engines, so maybe that makes my experience irrelevant. However my going in position is that I wouldn't bother with it.

If you have an engine that was certified for 80/87, I'd be more interested in trying to use MoGas where possible.

I agree with Ted, better not to get the lead in there in the first place than trying to remove it if your engine was designed for 80.
But that's not always possible.

Back