Alaskan Aviation Logbook - Subscribe!

akpilot907

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
citabriav8tr
Hey POA, I'm reaching out to all my friends and fellow pilots on this one... I've been trying to launch a YouTube page over the past 2 years now to share my flying in Alaska. Take a look, subscribe, let me know what you guys think. Most people never see Alaska in a life time, I'd like to help them see it and share my passion. I do a lot of flying for the Civil Air Patrol with missions and transport flights, seaplanes, tailwheel... etc.

Please check it out! I'll have videos of all my flights now, pics, reviews and advice... This will make me a better pilot in the long run... If I want to be a CFI, this will help me explain the material better, plus it'll help with my camera phobia! Like, Subscribe, do w/e.. Thanks guys!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnaFAB8tK7-EyVyCLr4Mvkw

https://www.facebook.com/alaskalogbook?ref=hl

Please give me some feedback... If it's really harsh, just PM, thanks! :goofy:

I do want to return for a fourth time since I moved from FAI, but hope to do it in the Arrow.

I do want to return for a fourth time since I moved from FAI, but hope to do it in the Arrow.

Hey buddy, you let me know if you do... Maybe we can grab a bite to eat! Show you round Eielson again... eh?

I'd enjoy to meet all my followers, I take requests (Footage of areas in Alaska), give tips, techniques... Introduce you to something we call, an Alaskan flight plan... something different from the Flight Service Stations. I record all my Young Eagle's flights, pics and stories!

Ever do any flying in South East AK? I've been on Sea Planes around Ketchikan a few times. Beautiful country. Ever land in Stewart BC (CZST) next to Hyder AK? Love that area.

I've done some flying down near Valdez and Glenn Allen... I'm planning a flight down through the ALCAN highway this summer... possibly to Oshkosh this summer! Should be one hell of a flight!

Subscribed

Will check out the videos tomorrow.

Subscribed

Will check out the videos tomorrow.

Thanks, MachFly! I'm starting a type rating in a North American T-28 this summer... I'll be documenting the training as I go along! Hope you guys follow the page... Going to be some good stuff!

Thanks, MachFly! I'm starting a type rating in a North American T-28 this summer... I'll be documenting the training as I go along! Hope you guys follow the page... Going to be some good stuff!

Awesome!

Just out of curiosity, does a T-28 need an actual type certificate or a letter of authorization?

A T-28A with an 800 HP engine requires no type rating, but a 1425 HP 8,500 lb T-28B,C,D does.. This is a "D" model, those 1425 horses sure know how to KICK! She'll burn about 50 gal/hr rich, lean it out to about 32-30 gal/hr lean of peak.

A T-28A with an 800 HP engine requires no type rating, but a 1425 HP 8,500 lb T-28B,C,D does.. This is a "D" model, those 1425 horses sure know how to KICK! She'll burn about 50 gal/hr rich, lean it out to about 32-30 gal/hr lean of peak.

Sounds fun!

They were still using the Ds at Pensacola when I went through my initial, what a blast to fly!!!! :yes: About halfway through my first tour in AK I knew I wanted to get back, and was lucky enough to do that. The scenery and challenges are unmatched.

How true! The view is the best thing about Alaska... Besides the cold temps in Alaska, it makes the summers worth it! The T-28 is an awesome bird to fly, the sound of the 1425hp engine rattling the 9 cylinders.... Sounds like a cat's purr!

Pictures from a flight to TOK Junction, Alaska. Tok Sits in the entrance way into Alaska on the ALCAN highway!

Attachments

• DSCN0435.JPG
    DSCN0435.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
  • DSCN0455.JPG
    DSCN0455.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • DSCN0450.JPG
    DSCN0450.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
  • DSCN0462.JPG
    DSCN0462.JPG