Alaska, wealthiest state?

Dave Krall CFII

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES, Cmcl HELI
Heard it on TV. Is it because they just have so few people and good oil/fishing income, or is it because they have so many aircraft per capita?

How would Alaska compare to other states if it had say, 20 million people?

The State Capitol isn't even connected to its principle city by road. Ig.

Well, they'll give you $1200/year to go live there. What are you waiting for?

Sigh ........................................... misinformation..............sigh:frown2:

Well, they'll give you $1200/year to go live there. What are you waiting for?

I don't believe you know what the money is really for. Why residents get it or who gets it.

Ohio is gorgeous from 3K feet in the air. One the ground, well that's another story. Hey, I lived near mountains and ocean, and it just faded into the background after awhile. The important things to me are how easy and inexpensive it is to live where I am, and how friendly, neighborly, and dependable the people are. That's why I prefer the midwest. Temps have dropped low enough to liquify propane and freeze gas in Alaska. They do reality shows about survival there.

Considering Mike lives in Ohio, I don't think "beautiful" is on his list of qualifications for a place to live. ;)
What, you don't think the majesty of Cleveland can compare with the wilds of Alaska :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How many rivers in Alaska can catch fire?

Yeah, I thought so.

Alaska is just all snow and igloos.

;) LOL

What, you don't think the majesty of Cleveland can compare with the wilds of Alaska :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry Mike, I don't think Ohio's anything special from the air either. The prettiest part is down in the far southeastern segment where there's actually hills and trees and stuff.

Okay, so my anti-Ohio bias comes from when I was a kid and we'd always drive out to Pennsylvania (Clarion area) to visit my grandparents. Progress was measured in states. We'd cross the IL border pretty quick, and there was the city of Chicago going by to keep us entertained. Then there was Indiana which, while boring, was at least relatively short. But it always seemed to take forEVER to get across Ohio.

Plus, there's the god-awful split speed limits - Which are no longer, as of TODAY! Woohoo! :goofy: It's about freakin' time. The fact that IL and OH repealed those gives me hope that someday the TSA will be beaten back from whence they came as well.

That's interesting. I find it confusing how one source can consider it the wealthiest state while other sources would indicate that its residents receive more federal welfare than any other state (or it's at least in the top two or three) and that it defitely has the highest percentage of mothers on welfare.

It sounds about as rich as Alabama to me.

Back