Alaska flight instruction

Frogs97

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Frogs97
When we traveled to Hawaii last year, I found a flight school that was willing to give me an hour of instruction to basically fly around the island and have my family come along. This summer we are going to take an Alaskan cruise with stops in Skagway, Ketchikan, and Juneau. Does anyone know a flight school in any of these towns they could recommend that might do something similar? Hoping for something new. Float, ski, bush, something like along those lines with seats for my wife and 2 boys.

Thanks!

I was in Juneau little over a year ago. There was a float operation flying single engine turbines, Islanders maybe, that did tours in the area. But you wouldn't get any instruction, you'd just be a passenger.

There are no flight schools in Juneau. There are a couple of CFI's that take on students but most of the students have their own plans.

There are a few options for flight seeing tours.

-Ward Air has a C185 on floats and several Beavers on floats.
-Alaska Seaplanes also has Beavers on floats.
-Wings of Alaska was purchased by Fjord Flying Service. They did do local tours in the past don't know what the new owners are doing now. Check both of them out.
-Skagway Air has a PA-32 and I think they do tours.

Have not been in Ketchikan lately, I did work for Taquan Air for a year and they did tours.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy the cruise! What line are you going on? I did a 10 day Tracy Fjord cruise on Princess a few months ago and it was beautiful.

If you get a stop in Victoria, B.C. definitely get off the ship and check out the city. Beautiful area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy the cruise! What line are you going on? I did a 10 day Tracy Fjord cruise on Princess a few months ago and it was beautiful.

If you get a stop in Victoria, B.C. definitely get off the ship and check out the city. Beautiful area.

Thanks! Doing Disney out of Vancouver, so we'll be north of Victoria the whole time.

Thanks! Doing Disney out of Vancouver, so we'll be north of Victoria the whole time.

Nice! I'm sure the kids will love that! Best of luck making it a sea AND air adventure!

Back