Alabama to Atlanta-ish

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
I see the monkey is currently online and viewing the 'cool places to fly' forums. Any takers on this leg? You could meet Hank somewhere, he's given a few options already. thanks!

attachment.php

Attachments

• cptf.jpg
    cptf.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 196
I'll be back in town on Saturday. Depending on where in Alabama, it would be a possibility.

I'll be back in town on Saturday. Depending on where in Alabama, it would be a possibility.

thanks Outlaw. According to Hank:

.....06A is 25-30 Mooney minutes from Columbus, GA, or ~45 from the edge of Atlanta. Since ATL Approach is allergic to aircraft actually using T-Routes to transit the Bravo, going around it all makes Charlotte a 2-hour doglegged flight. Choices are south to SINCA near MLJ, or north to HEFIN, near CNI.....

I'm very familiar with SINCA/GRANT... and, on the north side, it's always NELLO.

With that being said, a controller recommended a T route that, if flown between 5,000-7,000 or so, would be given with no problems. T-292 was the route. Good luck, I haven't tested it out.

Thanks! I get HEFIN when flying what would be a direct route over ATL around 065°; adds almost 30 minutes to the trip. I keep trying for the Troutes; once heard "let me check; remain clear of the Bravo." But there's always hope. I'll try lower next time.

I can also meet up with Hank. I'll be going to Sun n Fun. Surely someone can meet up with me there.

Hank, Gus would be a good person to get it. Living in a flying community, I'm sure he could get it to someone.

With Hank in good ol' Alabama, 06A I believe.

Well, I can move him from 06A to to DNN on Saturday. He'd be bypassing Atlanta but nothing interesting there anyway.:D

Well, now it looks like I'm on standby to ferry an aircraft so I'm a no go for monkey business.

I can get The Monkey to DNN. Used to live there, once upon a time. May have to ride up towards Chatt-town for barbecue lunch! Saturday forecast is looking good, three days out. Who can I give him too?

Bypassing ATL is always good, nothing there but too much traffic. There's a reason I live In The Country!

I would love to, but I'm currently planning on getting checked out in a new plane on Saturday and taking my new baby (Well she's 14 months) flying for the first time on Sunday. The wife has been, but not since having the little one. It'll be a short local flight to see how well the little one does. I'll have to save picking up the monkey with bad habits for another day.

I would love to, but I'm currently planning on getting checked out in a new plane on Saturday and taking my new baby (Well she's 14 months) flying for the first time on Sunday. The wife has been, but not since having the little one. It'll be a short local flight to see how well the little one does. I'll have to save picking up the monkey with bad habits for another day.

actually shame on you for paying more attention to your baby than your babymonkey. not sure where your head is at!

:D

Alabama is not that far from NC. Go get the monkey yourself and be done with it.

I can get The Monkey to DNN. Used to live there, once upon a time. May have to ride up towards Chatt-town for barbecue lunch! Saturday forecast is looking good, three days out. Who can I give him too?

Bypassing ATL is always good, nothing there but too much traffic. There's a reason I live In The Country!

Looks like I'll be out of town now on Friday and Saturday. I could get out of it for something important though. Not sure the boss would accept flying a 3 inch plastic monkey from AL to GA as "important." Plus, I need the overtime.

Looks like I'll be out of town now on Friday and Saturday. I could get out of it for something important though. Not sure the boss would accept flying a 3 inch plastic monkey from AL to GA as "important." Plus, I need the overtime.

OT = flying money! At least for me it is. Thanks for the offer anyways, maybe he'll move, maybe he'll continue to violate Hank for a while.

Who said The Monkey is 3" in any direction?

Looks to be at least 3 inches. Small enough to fit on a passenger's lap. Anything over that, I'm pretty sure the FARs say he should have his own seat.

Back