Alabama 1967 C172 For Sale

No,price.... Obviously he wants more than it's actually worth by a factor of 2.

No,price.... Obviously he wants more than it's actually worth by a factor of 2.

I'm not sure if it's the same plane but a while back (1 year ago maybe) I believe I saw the same plane but a different ad. I think, if I recall correctly, he was asking around 17K. Again not sure if this is the same plane, but where's he's located a small place so probably the same one, and I remember it being the same color.

Last edited:
Ya know... I've been seriously thinking of getting a beater VFR plane. My biggest hold back is annual costs overwhelming my budget if one plane ends up with surprises...... then I can't fly either.

I can think of an easy wallet emptying of many thousands to spend for starters just to get it maybe to where you might be able to get it home if you bought it, and that does not even include any cylinders that might need work from sitting or replaced, or any thing else that needs fixed, you would have to buy it real cheap to make it worthwhile, lot of birds like this sitting around, sad really
Not to mention that N number is deregistered but that might be fixable.

Might be better off buying one that is ready to go.

I can think of an easy wallet emptying of many thousands to spend for starters just to get it maybe to where you might be able to get it home if you bought it, and that does not even include any cylinders that might need work from sitting or replaced, or any thing else that needs fixed, you would have to buy it real cheap to make it worthwhile, lot of birds like this sitting around, sad really

Or it might just need a battery. fresh gas and an oil change. It's a crap shoot if you don't look it over carefully.

Who says this one isn't ?
Complete a good annual, change the oil/fuel, test fly 1-2 hours head for home or get a trailer. :)

Or it might just need a battery. fresh gas and an oil change. It's a crap shoot if you don't look it over carefully.
All owners seller used aircraft are a crap shoot / other wise known as a project.

OK prompt my memory, what's the radio just below the Audio panel?

out of curiosity, do you happen to know the price/price range this sold for?

No I don't. He replied back but the ad taken down now. Hope someone got a deal.

Back