AKG AV100

stratobee

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
stratobee
Just got these in the mail, but not had a chance to fly them yet. A little xmas present to myself. Very excited to use them. Superlight, and seems to be built well. AKG has a long pedigree in the audio world. I like the little built in chart reading lights. They will be replacing the Sennheiser S1's I've used for a few years. Nice headsets, but a bit heavy. And I could never get the Bluetooth to work.

Has anynone else got the AV100´s?

Attachments

• akg.jpg
    akg.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 49
I want to know what you think of them... I was very close to ordering a set about a month ago... just couldn't find a lot of detail on them.

Nate, this guy seemed happy with them. I mainly went for them because I wanted light weight and I know AKG does nice audio stuff.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=117767

Yeah, saw that guy's report and that's what had me thinking about them... but it was in September, and haven't seen much else...

I have a feeling, you'll like 'em... I have big ears... so I think I would/will also...

Maybe I'll order them in January...

Finally got to test them a few nights ago. Very lightweight and comfortable. Synced nicely with my phone and I was listening to The Cure all the way. In Auto mode, it cuts out the music as soon as the radio RX's. Worked like a charm.

I like these.

Finally got to test them a few nights ago. Very lightweight and comfortable. Synced nicely with my phone and I was listening to The Cure all the way. In Auto mode, it cuts out the music as soon as the radio RX's. Worked like a charm.

I like these.

I heard from someone that Sportys rated them lower than Bose but Tte first hand accounts I heard say otherwise

I like these.

Is there a way to have it so the music doesn't cancel until I hit the PTT, but then stays off on the RX for a buffer period, or better yet, until I give a double tap on the PTT? That's what I really want. I find music ends up more annoying on most flights than enjoyable when it's constantly cutting in and out over things that don't pertain to me.:mad:

I like to hear the engines, so I don't play music loud, I'll hear a call for me. Comms behind the music doesn't bother me any more than windshield wipers. If I hear a call for me, I want to be able to hit the PTT and lose the music until I chose to get it back. I'm pretty sure I can gain a similar ability with the Iso button on some audio panels, but that isn't portable from plane to plane like a headset. Even a reset button on the cord box to get the music/phone call back would be fine as long as the PTT kicked it off.

I looked at them, then went with some slightly discounted Bose headset, no complaints.

I'm not to big on music while deal with ATC. I have piped in some when tooling along not talking to anyone.

I love my pair. The sound quality is great. I have tried the Bose and these blow them away. The led lights come in handy when you land after sunset and forget to bring a flash light. They don't clamp my head like it is in a vise. I have been on a bunch of flights over 3 hours and they never even felt like they were on. The case they come with is very nice as well. People that call me don't even know I am in a plane flying. My instructor even bought a pair after he tried mine and he had the Bose A20's.

I bought a pair at the airplane expo in Palm Springs this year. They seem to be comfortable even after wearing them for some 9 hour flights. I was using a Bose X since 2003 and was happy with them but was not comfortable using Bose A20s.

Is there a way to have it so the music doesn't cancel until I hit the PTT, but then stays off on the RX for a buffer period, or better yet, until I give a double tap on the PTT? That's what I really want. I find music ends up more annoying on most flights than enjoyable when it's constantly cutting in and out over things that don't pertain to me.:mad:

I like to hear the engines, so I don't play music loud, I'll hear a call for me. Comms behind the music doesn't bother me any more than windshield wipers. If I hear a call for me, I want to be able to hit the PTT and lose the music until I chose to get it back. I'm pretty sure I can gain a similar ability with the Iso button on some audio panels, but that isn't portable from plane to plane like a headset. Even a reset button on the cord box to get the music/phone call back would be fine as long as the PTT kicked it off.
On my Zulus I disable the auto cut-off. The headset has its own separate volume controls for bluetooth versus what comes over the cable. So it's dead simple to set the music low enough and the other audio high enough that intercom or radio noise will overpower the music. I fly with the music on and the volumes set like that 90% of the time I'm in the air. I despise the music cutting off and on constantly like most people do.

Now just waiting for the first liveATC recording of someone singing along to music with stuck mic... :)

Back