Airworthiness certificate

Sleek-Jet

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Sleek-Jet
How does one go about getting a replacement CoA?? Mine has dissintegrated (it's in about 5 pieces that I've tapped back together). I'd like to get a new one before the Annual in December.

Is it just a paper work excersize??

Can't you just fill out the 8130-6 and check box J as the reason for providing a new AW certificate? Box J means that there is already a valid AW certificate. Then you would send this all into the FSDO.

The best way is to telephone the local FSDO and make an appointment to have it replaced. Give the FSDO Airworthiness Inspector your N-number it takes about 5-minutes to type up a new certificate.

The best way is to telephone the local FSDO and make an appointment to have it replaced. Give the FSDO Airworthiness Inspector your N-number it takes about 5-minutes to type up a new certificate.
It is possible that the inspector will want to see the plane to compare the N-number and serial number with the paperwork (especially if part of the old certificate with those numbers is missing or illegible), but most often they trust you on that. And Stache is right about the 5 minute time requirement -- most often, they'll have it typed and ready when you get there.

Called the Nashville FSDO, faxed them a copy of my certificate, two days later received new certificate in the mail.
Ron

Back