AirVenture Traditional Irish Music Session

mcdewey

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
I'm working on setting up the 2nd Annual AirVenture Irish Trad Music Session! We're tentatively planned for Thursday night (7/25) at 7 pm at the Ultralight Forums tent. Hopefully, it won't be so hot this year and more people come with their instruments. I'm especially hoping we'll get some fiddles, but the more of anything, the better! Here's the writeup I'm posting at various sites, include The Session and soon the Flying Musician's site.

Are you excited about flying? Are you excited about traditional Irish music? Are you especially excited about flying and Irish music? This year at AirVenture 2024, the Flying Musicians Association is holding the second annual trad seisiún on Thursday night.

All attendees are welcome, especially those who play an instrument associated with Irish music, be it fiddle, tin whistle, uilleann pipes, concertina, button accordion, bodhran, guitar, banjo, or mandolin. We’re inviting everyone at all levels of skill and we’ll find some tunes for you to join in. We might even have a chance for some singing too!

Also, for those of you who perform Irish dance, be it ceilli dance or step dance or whatever, you’re welcome to come and join the fun. Maybe rope in some spectators and show them how it’s done.

Finally, for those who don’t dance or play an instrument, come on down! We need enthusiastic clappers, foot stompers, and cheerers.

This is our chance to show off some Irish culture at the world’s best aviation gathering and have a great time together!

Back