Airventure Rental Cars

crashton

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
crashton
Does anyone have a gouge on rental cars for OSH? way behind the power curve on this one...

Thanks

In a normal year there's a scarcity of everything around Oshkosh. Given the current crunch on rental cars I'm not terribly hopeful.

Yep, I had to call 3 car rental agencies before I found a car for a trip a month from now. Didn’t even bother asking the price.

Ouch, that's more than the cost of avgas to fly from NC. And back.

If two of us split the cost of the airplane rental, it's cheaper to fly GA.

Just booked into MKE instead - flights were cheaper and no issue with rental car.

Just booked into MKE instead - flights were cheaper and no issue with rental car.

Wait until you try to pick up said car. Rental car companies are taking reservations, but they don't always have a car when you show up. The way their systems work, they have no idea what they will have for future inventory.

Hertz operates out of the Oshkosh "terminal." I've run people up there to get their car. A better bet is probably to fly int he GRB, ATW, or MKE and take one there.

Wait until you try to pick up said car. Rental car companies are taking reservations, but they don't always have a car when you show up. The way their systems work, they have no idea what they will have for future inventory.

We are booked into MKE. There is a bus service run by Lamers that has a daily bus run from MKE to OSH. $44 round trip for each of me and my wife (senior discount).

Last edited:
Back