AirVenture/Oshkosh

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Well, won't be long now. :)

Who's going? Anyone else camping with their airplane?

John Barron of Barron Aviation, of Cessna 195 fame is pushing me to go. If I do, I will be camping with the airplane. I would only be there maybe three days at most.

Ken Ibold said:
Can I borrow yours?
You bet. :yes:

Do you want to do the Yak formation flight again? I can check with Terry about that.

I'll be there Fri,Sat, and Sun. sleeping behind the wing of N8085A. Come on over and say HI. Dave G.

Greg Bockelman said:
If I do, I will be camping with the airplane. I would only be there maybe three days at most.
Sounds good. Will you camp with the other 195's, or in the North 40?

Diana said:
Sounds good. Will you camp with the other 195's, or in the North 40?

If I can make it, it will be with the rest of the 195's We are going to meet up in NE MO and fly up from there as a group.

Ken Ibold said:
I'm pretty sure I'll be there. No airplane there, though. Can I borrow yours?
Oh, silly me, it just dawned on me, maybe you were talking to Greg?

Oh yeah! 99.99% sure I'm going to be there. As of now...1 month, 2 weeks, and 6 days :goofy:

T Bone said:
Anyone going to Osh Kosh? Maybe a new thread is in order for that one.
Hey T Bone, here's one that's already been started. :)

Anybody else going?

Greg Bockelman said:
If I can make it, it will be with the rest of the 195's We are going to meet up in NE MO and fly up from there as a group.
What day are you going Greg? Are you stopping at IRK? We usually stop there and at DBQ. Can't remember what days the restaurant is open at DBQ.

Actually, I may be going. Won't know until the week of. If I do, it'll be by car, and for a few days only. Sort of deciding if it's "Oshkosh or a new ANR headset", or "Oshkosh and and new ANR headset". Thing is, the cash I'd spend going would of course buy considerable flying hours too, which I've been short on lately. Ahh, decisions, decisions......

Diana said:
What day are you going Greg? Are you stopping at IRK? We usually stop there and at DBQ. Can't remember what days the restaurant is open at DBQ.

I will be getting fuel at Mexico and going up to Barron's from there. We will go as a group from there. On Tuesday, I intend to stop at DBQ to refuel before heading on back home.

Greg

Right now, if it's not 95 degrees like it was today, planning on driving up for July 31, even though Ken advised everything will be gone by the last day :vomit: -- but I think there might be a few airfoils to be found somewhere, somehow :goofy:

Elizabeth

Diana said:
Hey T Bone, here's one that's already been started. :)

Anybody else going?

My buddy and I are talking about it - I'm not convinced we are smooth enough in the cockpit yet for that flight.

We'll see :)

SJP said:
My buddy and I are talking about it - I'm not convinced we are smooth enough in the cockpit yet for that flight.
In that case, fly into Fond du Lac or Appleton. Not quite the panache, but considerably more practical.

Ken Ibold said:
In that case, fly into Fond du Lac or Appleton. Not quite the panache, but considerably more practical.

Do they have camping there too ?

we will be there Thursday thru Sunday. Hope that we can all get together...somewhere...somehow!

Ken Ibold said:
Fond du Lac does. Appleton does not.

Cool - I'll throw that into the discussion then. Probably be the longest single flight we have made in the Mooney, plus we'll need to get life-vests etc as we'd be crossing Lake Michigan.

Better start saving the pennies too ;)

ltsykes said:
we will be there Thursday thru Sunday. Hope that we can all get together...somewhere...somehow!

Thursday -> Sunday for us too! We should set up a PoA meeting time at least once or twice during the week.

We'll be there! I plan on going Monday to score a 396! YEAH! Then probably returning with the family on Thurs - Sunday. We'll be in Appleton (friends have a home there, free lodging, car, beer!), so look us up! I'll have email (of course) and my cell. Email for the number if you are interested!

Scott

I'm going to try. I don't have coverage and it's always a mosh. The $7.00 bus from Fon DuLac makes it up for me; no Seneca on the grass, etc. Just ask for it after RIPON.

bbchien said:
I'm going to try. I don't have coverage and it's always a mosh. The $7.00 bus from Fon DuLac makes it up for me; no Seneca on the grass, etc. Just ask for it after RIPON.

Bruce, $25/night twin spots on the ramp at Basler last time they propositioned me (last year). Call for details and reservation; but they are usually available at this late date as they are reserved for multi's only. The good news is that with the reserved parking spot you are assured landing at Oshkosh even if the ATIS broadcasts the dreaded "general aviation parking is full".

sshekels said:
We'll be there! I plan on going Monday to score a 396! YEAH! Then probably returning with the family on Thurs - Sunday. We'll be in Appleton (friends have a home there, free lodging, car, beer!), so look us up! I'll have email (of course) and my cell. Email for the number if you are interested!
Scott, I lost your number when my computer whacked out. Email coming your way. :)

Anybody from here that wants to hook up, let me know. Tom and I will be there from this Friday all the way through the next Sunday (if the weather holds out for the return trip). Unfortunately a lot of the forums I'm attending are at lunch time this year.

Linda and I will be there from Thursday evening until about Sunday Noon. We will be staying at a house rented for the week by a friend. Give me a call on my cell phone and tell me where you are camping!

Bill Coltharp (512)422-4486
Linda (512)632-4093

billcoltharp said:
Linda and I will be there from Thursday evening until about Sunday Noon. We will be staying at a house rented for the week by a friend. Give me a call on my cell phone and tell me where you are camping!

Bill Coltharp (512)422-4486
Linda (512)632-4093

Hey, Bill, sounds great! I may post on the Citabria forum and see if any other Citabriats are coming. Are you two flying up?

I'll be arriving at Fond du Lac on Thursday and will stay throught Sunday. I've reserved hard surface parking and will get my IFR reservation at the first opportunity. I stay in Fond du Lac and drive to OSH.

If everyone is meeting up, let me know! I'd like to join.

SJP said:
Cool - I'll throw that into the discussion then. Probably be the longest single flight we have made in the Mooney, plus we'll need to get life-vests etc as we'd be crossing Lake Michigan.

Better start saving the pennies too ;)

Seeing how many people seem to be flying from MI, anyone got room for a hitch hiker for the weekend, any part of the weekend or an extended weekend? I Can't take lots of time off work, I'm too new of a pilot to want to fly it PIC, and I don't want to do the long drive around the lake.

Missa
- I'm flexable and have gas money!

Missa said:
Seeing how many people seem to be flying from MI, anyone got room for a hitch hiker for the weekend, any part of the weekend or an extended weekend? I Can't take lots of time off work, I'm too new of a pilot to want to fly it PIC, and I don't want to do the long drive around the lake.

Missa
- I'm flexable and have gas money!

We are leaving early on thursday and coming back on sunday...however our plane is already full. If something changes I will try to let you know. Anyone else with an extra seat?

Hey guys,

We're in row 509, parked next to Chip's Citabria. Having a great time!
:)

I'm jealous!!! Of course, I was just up there last Saturday but had to get back to work. My trust fund just isn't big enough to participate in all the fun things I'd like to.

Have a great time and keep us informed of what's goin on up there!!

Best,

Dave
Baron 322KS

Dave Siciliano said:
I'm jealous!!!
Have a great time and keep us informed of what's goin on up there!!

Well, don't be too jealous Dave. We got soaking wet. :eek:

Last night as we got ready to walk back from the showers, the storm hit hard. One guy got zapped when the lightening hit the men's showers,

:hairraise:

but he's OK. We were stuck in the showers for half an hour and walked back thru a river in the rain to find our stuff all wet, inside the tent, too. Slept on wet sheets and sat on wet chairs this morning trying to wake up. Chip, expert camper that he is, managed to stay dry coming back from the showers, and in his tent.

Other than that, we are having a great time. Been to some good forums. Spent some time with the "ever busy" Ken Ibold. :)

It's been great spending time with fun people.

I managed to book a room in Appleton last night. B) So much for the "impossible."

I'll be there Friday through Sunday.

I'm driving so I can have my own car to use for cheap. If anybody needs a ride let me know.

Last edited:
Diana said:
Well, don't be too jealous Dave. We got soaking wet. :eek:

Last night as we got ready to walk back from the showers, the storm hit hard. One guy got zapped when the lightening hit the men's showers,
:hairraise:

=========================================

Saw the systems on the Weather Channel last night and was hoping they didn't dump on you!! You're lucky I didn't come up, two hurricanes followed me on my last trip!!

Well, I'm sure it's all part of the experience. Two years ago, when I last visited, there was quite a bit of weather and hail was forecast.

You'd have a great time no matter where you went :)

Keep us updated so we can live vicariously through your posts!!

Best,

Dave

we will leave the UP of Michigan at 7:00am. I couldn't get the guys to leave earlier....wimps! so, guess that gets us there about 11:00am

hope we get to meet up somewhere. My cell is 906-362-LYNN (5966)

See ya!

I'm scheduled to arrive at FLD at 11 AM Central time tomorrow. I stopped by the airport today to check on the installation of Data Link to my KMD 850. It was all in and they were buttoning up the nose of the plane. I hope to get a quick test hop in the morning before I leave.

I won't be taking my computer but I hope to meet up with some of you while I'm there.

ltsykes said:
we will leave the UP of Michigan at 7:00am. I couldn't get the guys to leave earlier....wimps! so, guess that gets us there about 11:00am

hope we get to meet up somewhere. My cell is 906-362-LYNN (5966)

See ya!

Lynn, do you want to coordinate contacts? Or I will.

Should we try to meet for dinner at The Granary again? Saturday night?

I'm sending you and Alan my cell number in a private message here. My plan is to be on da road starting early Friday morning.

I WILL have connectivity, at least the motel says so, so anybody who wants to meet up can send ME a cell number in an email to
net ring er (AT) yahoo (DOT) com (take out the spaces, and replace)
or a private message here.

Back