AirVenture Camp Scholler PoA Dinner

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Okay, I realize I've been remiss on posting this! We WILL have the annual PoA dinner again in Camp Scholler. At the end of this I'll post a sign-up link where you can RSVP and indicate what, if anything, you're bringing. That is so we can get an idea of how many will be there and help avoid everyone bringing the same thing. Last year I think we had 30 people show up!

What
Leslie makes two main dishes: Jambalaya (a spicy creole stew with Andouille sausage, shrimp, chicken and rice) and a kick-arse vegetarian chili where she actually makes the chili powder herself from dried peppers. We ask guests to bring a little something if they are able. We know that you've been at the airshow all day.

When
The dinner is Tuesday night after the airshow.

Where
As those who attended last year can attest, we are nice and close in these days! This year we are approximately where we were last year, at Oak and Lindbergh. To get there, exit the grounds through the FlyMarket near the Red Barn. Walk a block/row south. You're there. :) Look for the signs that say Camp Bacon or look for the AirPigz car. I'll try to update this post with more precise directions after we arrive.

What can I bring?
If you can, we suggest bringing a chair. There may be some extras, but no promises. Feel free to drop it off early in the day so you don't need to lug it around.

If you want to bring something for public consumption, that is encouraged, but by no means required. Suggestions include:
- drinks, e.g. water, iced tea, beer, wine, soda, liquor, mixers, etc.
- deserts, e.g. cookies, bars, fruit salad, angel food cake & fruit, etc.
- sides, like salad, corn bread, french bread, oyster crackers
- condiments, like Tabasco or hot sauce, sour cream, shredded cheese for chili, homemade kimchi or sauerkraut
- appetizers, like chips, salsa, guacamole, cheese & crackers
- napkins, ice

If I have Questions
Email me through the site or post the question here!

RSVP
Follow this link and fill in a row so we know to expect you!

Last edited:
No luck on link for me, I will try and get password tomorrow. I will be coming by, probably bring some crackers?

Jon

No luck on link for me, I will try and get password tomorrow. I will be coming by, probably bring some crackers?

Jon

You shouldn't need a password, and I just tested that. But keep in mind that anyone with the link can see and edit the spreadsheet. I added a row for you.

Last edited:
Leslie's Jambalaya...

...such sweet sorrow, that I shall not enjoy any this year...

Really sorry we won't be there this year. Barbara and I so enjoyed spending time with everyone last year and Leslie sure can cook!! Hope everyone has fun.

Hmmm, takes me to a google page where my email is listed asking for password? I have no idea?

Mine, too -- but that's so you can access your Google docs.

Or, so they can steal your personal information and sell it to Indonesian drug lords. I forget which.

How late will it go? I wasn't planning on arriving until Wednesday, but this might be worth the hasty packing and evening drive. :)

Hmmm, takes me to a google page where my email is listed asking for password? I have no idea?
You should be able to edit the spreadsheet without entering a username and password. Enough people have done it that I know it works, including Jay. Don't know if there is a "cancel" button or something. Otherwise, you can try a different browser.

How late will it go? I wasn't planning on arriving until Wednesday, but this might be worth the hasty packing and evening drive. :)
We usually have people milling around until at least 10PM, sometimes midnight and beyond. It'll depend somewhat on the weather.

Not to be missed. It is an unusual thing for someone to one-up me on beans, and Leslie does a bang-up job. I've been racking my brains for something I could bring from the Steinholme, preserve for a few days at a campsite, and that would augment what is being served. I am thus far at a loss.

I'm actually not planning on bringing margarita fixings this year!:yikes::yikes::yikes:

As long as you remember the ice this year, all will be well. Letting China serve us iceless, warm margaritas -- basically a red cup full of tequila -- turned out badly for me. And him.

This year, I'm rehydrating after a day on the flightline with water, not margaritas. Maybe some beers. Tequila = No. :D

As long as you remember the ice this year, all will be well. Letting China serve us iceless, warm margaritas -- basically a red cup full of tequila -- turned out badly for me. And him.

This year, I'm rehydrating after a day on the flightline with water, not margaritas. Maybe some beers. Tequila = No. :D
ICE! I'll add that to the list of things people can bring!:rofl:

Lightweight! Hehehehe. :)

I will sadly miss Leslie's amazing cooking this year, also. And keeping an eye peeled for sharp objects that Jay might fall into, while chuckling at his observations about "some jerk who kept pouring tequila".

LOL!

I will not miss the mosquitoes. ;)

Chopped onions for chili topping would be good if someone's looking for something still.

Chopped onions for chili topping would be good if someone's looking for something still.

I'll stop at the grocery store and pick up whatever is needed. Amost 5 p m now, post your shopping list in the next 10-15 min.

Next topic - Lindbergh & Where? I can't find "Oak" on the map.

Third topic - I'm bringing dessert.

I'll stop at the grocery store and pick up whatever is needed. Amost 5 p m now, post your shopping list in the next 10-15 min.

or call me - 303-475-7700

I talked to Grant earlier, Murphy. They are on the corner of Forest Home and Lindbergh.

-Jim

We had a great time at Grant and Leslie's party tonight, and look forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow night at our HOPS Party!

Thanks for the wonderful food and camaraderie!

We had a great time at Grant and Leslie's party tonight, and look forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow night at our HOPS Party!

Thanks for the wonderful food and camaraderie!

Agreed, was a great time and nice for me to also have a chance to meet some folks in person. Thanks to Grant and Leslie for their hospitality.

Looking forward to tomorrow's party.

Jim

Jamie and me had a great time at Grant and Leslie's shindig. Always such great hosts! So many fine people to spend time with too. We can't wait to see everyone at Air Venture 2014. Thanks for a terrific evening everyone.

Jamie and me had a great time at Grant and Leslie's shindig. Always such great hosts! So many fine people to spend time with too. We can't wait to see everyone at Air Venture 2014. Thanks for a terrific evening everyone.

And you do enjoy playing "Whose Is Bigger", don't you? :yes::rofl::wink2:

I think that was the most fun I've ever had with a bunch of drunk folks and a couple of pilot certificates. Except that time in Ottawa......let's just forget about the time in Ottawa.

Back