AirVenture 09 camping pics

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Okay, here are some pics from the PoA camp compound in Camp Scholler.

Heading out, I don't think we could have fit another thing into the SUV, and Missa's car wasn't any better. She remembered to bring bikes, which we forgot. On the other hand, we remembered to bring the kitchen sink!:smilewinkgrin:

So far, Pete was here Saturday night, but had to leave Sunday evening, just beating a storm out. Actually, it wasn't a storm, but since he'd just seen a microburst or gust front go by a little earlier, he didn't want to chance it on the bike.

Tim has stopped by to set up his tent, though he won't be actually staying in it until later in the week.

We've held onto plenty of space for other PoAers to join us during the week!

So far it's been pretty good for our first time camping at OSH!

If the show os still going on in 2009, stop by and see us. South side of Lindbergh between 9th and 10th.

Attachments

• Oshkosh09001 (Small).jpg
    Oshkosh09001 (Small).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Oshkosh09002 (Small).jpg
    Oshkosh09002 (Small).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Oshkosh09003 (Small).jpg
    Oshkosh09003 (Small).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Oshkosh09005 (Small).jpg
    Oshkosh09005 (Small).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Oshkosh09011 (Small).jpg
    Oshkosh09011 (Small).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 60
  • Oshkosh09012 (Small).jpg
    Oshkosh09012 (Small).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Oshkosh09018 (Small).jpg
    Oshkosh09018 (Small).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Oshkosh09020 (Small).jpg
    Oshkosh09020 (Small).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 101
Grant, you know how to pack a truck!

I should see you guys tomorrow. I'm glad to hear that the dinner's been moved to 7 PM, that makes my travel easier! :yes:

I hope you folks enjoy the show. I will not be there this year after 9 years of attending. The A 380 should be a sight.:blueplane:

I am jealous too. I think that was the same campsite I had a couple years ago.
Why didn`t I go :sad:

Good question, why didn't you? I was hoping to see you again this year!

I will be looking to join the compound on Wednesday! I look forward to seeing you guys.

You forgot something, I didn't see the kitchen sink in there anyplace.:nonod:

The table thingie with the paper towel holde on it, has a sink built in it. Grant really DID bring the damn kitchen sink :D

Grant and Leslie apply the "fuel left in the truck is useless to me" adage to every aspect of their trips. :D

We've been having a great time! White Knight Two is neat. Met up with John Clough already, and he and Jamie will be joining us for dinner tonight. Should also have a couple of friends from New Zealand (tentative). I think we're making something like 6 qt of veggie chili and 7 qt of Jambalaya.

Lots of fun, and Leslie can cook! Sorry we didn't camp with you guys, but Space Ship Two, or Mother Ship Two or whatever they're calling the thing landed right smack in front of us. Most of the aircraft flew right in front of us upon departing. Best camp site ever!

Back