Airtex wowed me!

AlphaWhiskey

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
AlphaWhiskey
'78 Piper Lance had pimp-esque red carpet and aging seats. Airtex did an absolutely amazing job! Dodd and his crew are unbelievably detail oriented and he keeps you updated throughout the process. I don't have time or expertise to do my interior myself, and I'm thrilled that I had them do it for 16K.
Highly recommend!
PM me if you want photos, I couldn't get them to load.
(I have no investment in Airtex and I don't work for them, just wanted to share with my fellow aviators).

Did they do the install,or provide panels and rugs cut to fit?

Hahaaha! 16k! I missed that!

'78 Piper Lance had pimp-esque red carpet and aging seats. Airtex did an absolutely amazing job! Dodd and his crew are unbelievably detail oriented and he keeps you updated throughout the process. I don't have time or expertise to do my interior myself, and I'm thrilled that I had them do it for 16K.
Highly recommend!
(I have no investment in Airtex and I don't work for them, just wanted to share with my fellow aviators).

This interior cost me less than $2500.

Attachments

• 20131003_173121.jpg
    20131003_173121.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
  • 20131003_173207.jpg
    20131003_173207.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
  • 20131130_120328.jpg
    20131130_120328.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 156
  • DSCN3797.JPG
    DSCN3797.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 123
:needpics:
I've installed some of their seat covers and they were very well made.

Highly recommend!

Chris

Yes 16K was installed. They sanded down all rust, replaced all the foam (or lack of), fixed all the seats (problems with multiple pistons), replaced all the door seals, replaced all non-instrument hardware, ordered and installed a new front windshield, rewebbed seat belts, and on and on...

Attachments

• Lance1.JPG
    Lance1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 146
  • Lance2.JPG
    Lance2.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 134
  • Lance3.JPG
    Lance3.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 128
  • Lance4.JPG
    Lance4.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 149
  • Lance5.JPG
    Lance5.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 134
Yes 16K was installed. They sanded down all rust, replaced all the foam (or lack of), fixed all the seats (problems with multiple pistons), replaced all the door seals, replaced all non-instrument hardware, ordered and installed a new front windshield, rewebbed seat belts, and on and on...

Sounds great. How long did it take?

3 1/2 weeks. Probably would have taken 3 but there were some power issues at facility due to weather.

Very Nice! Did you fly the plane over to their shop for the work? Think they are at Robbinsville NJ??

Gary

Wow, looks fantastic. Not exactly 16k fantastic but, hey, it certainly wasn't too much more than what I would think that should cost. Take care of it!

This interior cost me less than $2500.

How did you get that sort of price? Wife get out the sewing machine? :p

How did you get that sort of price? Wife get out the sewing machine? :p

No the wife wanted it done by a pro. We built the patterns, sent them to "Stich" he built the interior, we installed it.

The leather is now 500.00 per side (half a cow hide) the wool broad cloth is $40.00 a yard. so quality interiors are not cheap.

Last edited:
$16K and it includes a new windshield? Well worth the effort and price.

When I embarked on redoing the interior of my 172, I had no idea how much effort goes into it. There's the removal of everything, then you fix what you either found broken, you broke removing, or that which is about to break.

Are you going to put your fine new interior into a cabin with old, unmatched paint? Hopefully not, so you'll need a new interior paint job. There is the masking off of everything, treating the corrosion, installing the sound proofing/insulation. Think rewebbed seatbelts to match are cheap? They want their share too.

That's a fine looking interior and if, like me, you don't have the skillset, you'll end up with a mess on your hands trying to do it yourself. I would have had I not had a knowledgeable engineer friend guiding me along the way.

If you really want to show your appreciation, send Dodd some Yeungling. Enjoy your new ride!

Back