Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES, Cmcl HELI
Checkout the airstrip links:

FROM Recreational Aviation Foundation TO You
Airstrips in Colorado in Danger

RAFlogo_trans.png

We only have till 6/24 to comment please read below and take a few moments to comment. 8 wonderful airstrips depend on your support.
There are several airstrips in Colorado that are in the public comment phase for a RMP with the BLM. While the strips have been given recognition as a whole, there are 4 alternatives to the Travel Management Plan. The Alternatives suggest road closures that could affect some of the airstrips if the airstrip in considered part of the trail. The only alternative that doesn’t affect any of the strips is Alternative “A” which is not the preferred alternative but rather the current alternative that is in place. We desperately need comments to the below addresses stating that you are a pilot that enjoys the outdoors for recreational purposes you support Travel management alternative “A” or you would like to see the following airstrips excluded from the proposed travel management Alternatives since the airstrips are small slivers that coexist alongside the trails but are not part of the trails themselves.
Dolores Point
Hubbard
Little Dolores
West Creek Bluff
Arrow Head Camp airstrip
Calamity Camp Airstrip
Flattop Mesa Airstrip
Blue Mesa Airstrip
Make sure to add that personal touches that include why you like aircraft access to the outdoors. That most pilots are responsible and follow outdoor ethics guides, and that aviation is extremely low impact compared to many other forms of outdoor recreation.
Comment Form:
http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/co/field_offices/grand_junction_field/Draft_RMP/DRMP_Documents.Par.25438.File.dat/TMP%20Comment%20Form.pdf
· By email: gjfo_rmp@blm.gov
· By fax: 970-244-3083
· By mail: BLM – GJFO RMP, 2815 H Road, Grand Junction, CO, 81506
Thank you,
Patrick Romano, RAF State Liaison, Colorado
promano@theraf.org

Recreational Aviation Foundation
1711 West College Street
Bozeman, MT 59715-4913
United States
406-582-1RAF (406-582-1723)
theraf.org

Join Team RAF!

RAF Mission:
“Keeping the legacy of recreational aviation strong by preserving, maintaining and creating public use recreational and backcountry airstrips nationwide”

Last edited:
cool photos - I had no idea those existed, nor this or other organizations ... wonder if I can stick balloon tires on the Dakota?

Thanks for posting, Dave.

cool photos - I had no idea those existed, nor this or other organizations ... wonder if I can stick balloon tires on the Dakota?

Thanks for posting, Dave.

I know I'm real low profile and all that Greg but, I've been posting about the Recreational Aviation Foundation here since 2005!

Balloon tires? Flew a Cherokee 180 into some high altitude backcountry strips -it was marginally OK on regular tires for one person, if kept very light.

Thanks for reading though, please post a letter and get your friends to write too, before it's too late. They've already PERMANENTLY closed landing sites in Oregon recently....

Last edited:
Only about a day left.
Let us know if you wrote, these letters usually make a difference in cases like this.
It takes less than three minutes using the link.

Yes, I sent a letter. But I have to say, that ASKING a govt for PERMISSION to use our own land angers me to no end.

Yes, I sent a letter. But I have to say, that ASKING a govt for PERMISSION to use our own land angers me to no end.

Thanks docmirror, we got to have rules.... Unfortunately.

Less than 24 hours left, anybody else? Thanks to those that write.

I know I'm real low profile and all that Greg but, I've been posting about the Recreational A nation Foundation here since 2005!

Balloon tires? Flew a Cherokee 180 into some high altitude backcountry strips -it was marginally OK on regular tires for one person, if kept very light.

Thanks for reading though, please post a letter and get your friends to write too, before it's too late. They've already PERMANENTLY closed landing sites in Oregon recently....

I guess I should have said "didn't know those particular back country strips existed in Colorado" (precision counts!).

Back