Airshow Friday?

FormerHangie

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FormerHangie
A C-130 just made a low pass near my office (Norcross, GA, about 7 miles north of KPDK) . Low altitude, low power setting, got a good look at it. It was painted like this one:

c130_4.jpg

I wonder if something is going on nearby.

Probably a C130 from the Dobbins ANG unit there, they do low altitude routes in North Georgia all the time.

Probably just training. Dobbins is just down the road from you - between the Reserves and Lockheed there always seems to be a 130 over the area.

The only new planes in that paint are...(scratch, scratch)... French or Korean (IIRC) - they are all in primer coat when I see them :)

Korean-C-130J-flyby-1.jpg

Sadly... no Airshow this weekend... No airshows in GA until October...

Yeah I was going to say it was probably from Dobbins. We used to get a few of those MGE based C130’s up here at CHA every so often for practice approaches and such.

It’s VP Pence arrival maneuvers. Kidding, a C-130 slow route (SR104) goes just north of PDK.

This is what I think of when I see those beasts flying around!

Ah, the good ol’ days!

This is what I think of when I see those beasts flying around!

Ah, the good ol’ days!

What was that, I didn't see anything. Played for 7-8 seconds, nothing, just a still shot.

What was that, I didn't see anything. Played for 7-8 seconds, nothing, just a still shot.
Turn up your volume. It’s just a reference to an older war game I used to play. Ha

While Trump was visiting Atlanta, we had a LOT of rotor-wing activity around my area. If Pence visited, I would expect at least one (Lockheed) Blackhawk. But nothing has come over the house lately.

Back