Airport suggestion for cruise out of Fort Lauderdale

n9144p

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
N9144P
We are scheduled for a January cruise and wondered if anyone has suggestions for an airport and FBO to leave the plane at for 8 days and get transportation to the cruise terminal.

The international airport FLL is very close to the cruise terminal. You have a choice of four FBOs, and there is no substitute for calling each of them to ask what the fees will be. Haven't used them myself, but Jetscape has good reviews, and the others are not known for being low cost. I doubt it will be significantly more expensive then the next closest airport, Ft Lauderdale Exec FXE, but Pompano PMP farther out will be less.
Jon

The international airport FLL is very close to the cruise terminal. You have a choice of four FBOs, and there is no substitute for calling each of them to ask what the fees will be. Haven't used them myself, but Jetscape has good reviews, and the others are not known for being low cost. I doubt it will be significantly more expensive then the next closest airport, Ft Lauderdale Exec FXE, but Pompano PMP farther out will be less.
Jon
I got hit for $62 just to drop someone off at jetscape / FLL. And I had to drive them around to the main terminal myself. Although they did provide a courtesy car to do it in. I called first and they told me $40. When they gave me the bill there were two or three “fees and surcharges” never mentioned on the phone call. So the calling first thing isn’t always very helpful.

It’s like a 20 minute Uber (<15 miles ) ride to the docks from KFXE, so I wouldn’t be too focused on which is closer.

Back