Airport recommendations for WPAFM

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador
Going to the Air Force Museum WrightPatterson the first weekend in June with my daughter. Asking for airport recommendations. We will be arriving from the south east so I’m looking at either I19 or KSGH. Other recommendations or tips are also welcome. Is there any worthy barbecue in that neck of Ohio?
I know that this topic has been discussed before so I’m somewhat familiar but I haven’t read of any restaurant or airport recommendations.

I19 is probably the closest and easiest to get to the museum from. Hotels are abundant near the museum/WPAFB area (pick your brand). KSGH is farther away but has Young’s Jersey Dairy right there. Rental car pick up/drop off is probably easier at I19 as well.

as for BBQ, it’s the Midwest, we don’t have any really good ones compared to the south. Flyby BBQ by the Fairfield Mall is a decent place to eat.

Dave

I've flown in to I19 several times and have arranged for Enterprise (a couple miles away) to have a rental car waiting. The people at the FBO (Mac Air) are super nice.

Back