Airport near Mall of America

Pjsmith

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
pjsmith
Has anyone flown up to shop there? What's the best GA airport to fly into? Any tips greatly appreciated !

P

flying cloud (FCM) is probably closest, save MSP which is like right next door.

Flying Cloud (KFCM) would be what you want. Nice airport and I could give you a ride to the mall.

Flying Cloud (KFCM) would be what you want. Nice airport and I could give you a ride to the mall.

Hey, thanks for the offer. I think I'm going to resort to Enterprise -now that I know those best options from Cowboypilot's post- so I have some flexibility over the inevitable loooonnnnngggg day shopping (i.e. anniversary pennance).

P

Hey, thanks for the offer. I think I'm going to resort to Enterprise -now that I know those best options from Cowboypilot's post- so I have some flexibility over the inevitable loooonnnnngggg day shopping (i.e. anniversary pennance).

P

Sounds good--I used to live in southern Minnesota and would fly to KFCM to go to the Mall of America. I would usually go to Elliot Aviation and just take their courtesy car. They have several Ford Tauruses and didn't seem to mind me having them for several hours.

That place is huge too!! Its actualy pretty cool although I think I woulda gotten disoriented if Jesse didn't know his way around! ...at least more than I did! Watch out for people that look like mannequins. We walked by this one place that had a picture of a guy in shorts and what I thought was a mannequin exactly like the picture beside it, took me by supprise when he moved! It was a little shadowy where he was at.

That place is huge too!! Its actualy pretty cool although I think I woulda gotten disoriented if Jesse didn't know his way around! ...at least more than I did! Watch out for people that look like mannequins. We walked by this one place that had a picture of a guy in shorts and what I thought was a mannequin exactly like the picture beside it, took me by supprise when he moved! It was a little shadowy where he was at.

Did Jesse have his GPS with him? I didn't know that he could navigate without it. :dunno:

Haha no, there were "sectionals" in the middle of most intersecting walkways. I think we just lucked out, he's been there a couple times previously. ;) That place was amazing with the minniature ammusement park in the middle. I think there was about 3 rollercoasters if I remember right. We went on one. Theres also other little rides like a haunted house.

Back