Airport/FBO recommendations at or near KAUM, KMGY, KCPK

iamtheari

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Ari
I am hoping to make a trip to Virginia this summer or fall. It is about 1400 nm so I'll need to stop at least twice for fuel. I'll probably fly into KCPK Chesapeake since my friend suggested that as the most convenient place to pick me up. It looks like I can divide the trip roughly into thirds and stop at KAUM Austin, MN, and KMGY Dayton-Wright Brothers, OH, which will route me south of Chicagoland and Lake Michigan.

Am I missing a better place to stop for fuel and stretch my legs generally near Austin and/or Dayton? They're both a little off the direct route, which is over Minneapolis, Milwaukee, the lake, etc. Priorities are good fuel price, an appropriate place to walk my dog in case she comes with, and possibly a bite to eat that doesn't involve dog-unfriendly ground transport (I can also pack sandwiches and avoid the need for a meal on the ground).

It looks like Chesapeake just has one FBO and their self-serve fuel price is fair. But if I'm missing a really good alternative, I'm all ears on that, too.

Back