Airport Diagram for DKB?

EHITCH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Elizabeth
Can anyone post a PDF of the airport diagram for DKB? I can't find it through my usual sources.
Appreciate your help!
Elizabeth

Thanks Mark. I've let my AOPA membership lapse and AIRNAV does not have an PDF for DKB.
Elizabeth

Hopefully this will work.

Attachments

• dkb_loc_dme_rwy_02.pdf
    228.8 KB · Views: 5
  • tn_dkb_tif.gif
    tn_dkb_tif.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 14
EHITCH said:
Thanks Mark. I've let my AOPA membership lapse and AIRNAV does not have an PDF for DKB.
Elizabeth
Aw, C'Mon! RENEW your AOPA membership!

It's cheap! The magazine alone is worth the $35 a year. The web services are useful. They need to have as many pilots as possible enrolled when Phil goes to congress.

mikea said:
Aw, C'Mon! RENEW your AOPA membership!

It's cheap! The magazine alone is worth the $35 a year. The web services are useful. They need to have as many pilots as possible enrolled when Phil goes to congress.

Yeah! What he said.................... Er, Please...

I just renewed, (it's $39.00, actually) not only do I get the mag and web goodies,
I get a cool "AOPA" embroidered ball cap too!

Greater numbers mean better/ more/ unrestricted airspace.
I won't rant on and on about :
the ridiculous ADIZ,
(the politicians in DC. want to protect, their butts from [ahem] "terrorist" flights )
Let them be at risk, just like the rest of us! Maybe then.... something will happen to solve the problem.

As reported by AOPA website : .....and the coming loss, of GA airspace, increased mandatory electronics
(that do NOT benefit the pilot),
or the "user fees" wanted by the FAA/ Airline, contingent....

Phil, is in there for all of us.

Chache said:
increased mandatory electronics (that do NOT benefit the pilot),

Like what? The only things I can think of that are coming down the pipe are 406MHz ELT's and ADS-B, both of which do benefit the pilot.

flyingcheesehead said:
Like what? The only things I can think of that are coming down the pipe are 406MHz ELT's and ADS-B, both of which do benefit the pilot.

Even VFR aircraft would be required to equip with expensive avionics to provide information for the "four dimensional trajectory (4DT) management" system, which would require every aircraft to supply a flight plan and continuously update current location and altitude, speed, direction and altitude vectors, and arrival time, even if not participating in the IFR environment. (It's worth restating that 90 percent of GA flights today take place in VFR conditions and require contact with ATC only when in congested, terminal airspace.)

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2006/060914ngats.html

This may be a mere stalking horse for user fees and such but do ya think that whatever avionics would be required will only cost $99?

INVEST the $39 a year for AOPA membership!

orrrr......go with EAA (which I plan on doing next year). Or both.

EHITCH said:
Can anyone post a PDF of the airport diagram for DKB? I can't find it through my usual sources.
Appreciate your help!
Elizabeth

Elizabeth,
You can go straight to the horses mouth. Check out http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp
edit: I see there is not a airport diagram for dkb on its own, however there is one on the IAP's
For the night flyers, check out night charts at http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/index.php?mode=n
the back ground is black with white printing, very handy!

Last edited:
flyingcheesehead said:

That's what most people, think too.....

Read AOPA.com's
NGATS: Joint agency vision of ATC future doesn't include GA, says AOPA

On the home page.

....the Joint Planning and Development Office (JPDO), a multi-agency planning group that includes the FAA, NASA, the White House Science and Technology Office, and the Departments of Defense, Transportation, Homeland Security, and Commerce.

excerpts:
  • Class B airspace to be expanded.....
  • Even VFR aircraft would be required to equip with expensive avionics to provide information for the "four dimensional trajectory (4DT) management" system, which would require every aircraft to supply a flight plan and continuously update current location and altitude, speed, direction and altitude vectors, and arrival time, even if not participating in the IFR environment. (It's worth restating that 90 percent of GA flights today take place in VFR conditions and require contact with ATC only when in congested, terminal airspace.)
  • The CONOPS (JPDO Concept of Operations) also envisions "virtual towers," with computers, rather than controllers, directing aircraft. But that would also require expensive avionics for GA aircraft to land at GA airports.
  • "The CONOPS would require VFR aircraft to invest in significant and expensive avionics upgrades and comply with rigid operational rules, without any direct tangible benefits to the GA pilot or aircraft owner," said Boyer.
This..... all in favor, of the "Airlines"....???

SkyHog said:
orrrr......go with EAA (which I plan on doing next year). Or both.

I joined EAA let it lapse and only joined again because there is a chapter at my ariport. The magazine is fine but not what I am interested in,sorry Ken. I like the AOPA magazine better only because it covers the type of flying I do. The rest of the benefits are the same, insurance et al.

There was one thing that EAA did that bugged me though. For a long time there were no fly in directions for visiting the musuem up at Osh. They changed that a short while ago. But come on, they shoud have had those from day one.

Troy Whistman said:
He must be in cahoots with the toner and inkjet refill people...

If you are referring to "He" as me, I take exception to the insinnuation. I might could understand your comment if I was new here, but after 330+ posts, I would hope that my prior behavior here would exempt me from such allegations.

It never occurred to me the cost of printing the plate, as most everything aviation related, ya gotta pay to play!
Regards,
KD

cherokeeflyboy said:
If you are referring to "He" as me, I take exception to the insinnuation. I might could understand your comment if I was new here, but after 330+ posts, I would hope that my prior behavior here would exempt me from such allegations.

It never occurred to me the cost of printing the plate, as most everything aviation related, ya gotta pay to play!
Regards,
KD

Whoops! No offense intended.

Do you run "myairplane.com"??? That's who I was referring to, with those night "reverse image" plates. If you own that website, I never picked up on it in your previous posts.

Anyway, my comment was tongue-in-cheek that if I were to print the night plates I'd have to buy toner cartridges much more frequently! That's all I was saying.

I DO print my approach plates off the web since my Jepp expired... just not those all-black reverse-image plates you posted. I hadn't seen those before.

Do you think the reverse image ones would be easier to see in a dimly lit cockpit?? Might be worth printing one to try....

E,
The FAA NACO website doesn't have an Airport Diagram either. I wonder why. Jeppesen still has it. According to them the diagram is current since 04-Nov-2004. Looks like you got your answer despite the thread creep. :)

jdwatson said:
E,
The FAA NACO website doesn't have an Airport Diagram either. I wonder why. Jeppesen still has it. According to them the diagram is current since 04-Nov-2004. Looks like you got your answer despite the thread creep. :)

Yes, I came up empty with the NACO search, which I found curious (as did others), leading me to post my original request. Turns out we had to scrub anyway due to weather. A decision we were grumpily regretting all day (it was 175 miles RT) until on the drive home the sky went from partly cloudy to dark grey in a heartbeat, the heavens opened up and there was lightning all around us. THEN we were glad we had heeded the area forecast!
E

EHITCH said:
Yes, I came up empty with the NACO search, which I found curious (as did others), leading me to post my original request. Turns out we had to scrub anyway due to weather. A decision we were grumpily regretting all day (it was 175 miles RT) until on the drive home the sky went from partly cloudy to dark grey in a heartbeat, the heavens opened up and there was lightning all around us. THEN we were glad we had heeded the area forecast!
E
When Leslie got home, she was glad she scrubbed too. She hit rain 2 minutes after leaving DKB. There were TSs over 1C5 that afternoon, too.

Adam Pirkle said:
How is "4DT management" different from ADS-B, which the AOPA supports? From Garmin's site (http://www.garmin.com/aviation/adsb.html)

ADS-B will be voluntary. People that own say... a Cub, won't be required to have it.

If 4DT proponents have their way, EVERYONE will be mandated to have it (4DT) whether they want it, or can afford it, or not.
No one will be allowed to fly sans radio, transponder, or 4DT.

And Therein..... is the difference.

Back