Airport Courtesy Cars Gets AOPA Review

retpd2001

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
retpd2001
Thank you AOPA for reviewing the Airport Courtesy Car app in the February issue on page 37. The review states the app is only available for iPhone, however that is incorrect. And thanks also to AvWeb who reviewed it earlier. The app is available for Android in the Google Play Store, so you Android users, please check it out. The app is totally free and now lists over 1100 locations nationwide. And thanks to all the folks on this forum who contributed listings. Glenn

Thank you AOPA for reviewing the Airport Courtesy Car app in the February issue on page 37. The review states the app is only available for iPhone, however that is incorrect. And thanks also to AvWeb who reviewed it earlier. The app is available for Android in the Google Play Store, so you Android users, please check it out. The app is totally free and now lists over 1100 locations nationwide. And thanks to all the folks on this forum who contributed listings. Glenn
Thanks, I'll try it out.

"No Results for Airport Courtesy Cars" ?
It's there. But it's a phone app. I suspect you are searching on a Android tablet. Try searching from your phone in the Google Play Store. If your on an iPad, you can change the search setting to search for phone apps and load it on your iPad. Hope this helps. Glenn

Cool.
Now how do I update it? I called Sugarland (by Houston) and the CSR told me then don't lend courtesy cars to poor GA pilots, only rich people who register their plane to a company or legal entity. *shrug*

Cool.
Now how do I update it? I called Sugarland (by Houston) and the CSR told me then don't lend courtesy cars to poor GA pilots, only rich people who register their plane to a company or legal entity. *shrug*

Lou, I am on the road but if that is the case, I will delete the listing when I get home. Confirming it was at Global Select? And you can always send me updates, corrections or new listings through the email on the app, or at airportcars101@gmail.com Thanks for the input. Glenn

Yes, Global Select.
Any chance you can just update the listing with a comment (if possible) instead of plain deleting it? Those lucky enough to not have their airplane registered in their real name might be able to borrow the car.

I don't understand the rule. Does anybody have any background on it?

Yes, Global Select.
Any chance you can just update the listing with a comment (if possible) instead of plain deleting it? Those lucky enough to not have their airplane registered in their real name might be able to borrow the car.

Sure, Ill check on it when I get back home and edit the listing. Glenn

Cool.
Good thing we have plenty of other airports nearby that'll give you one!

Good thing we have plenty of other airports nearby that'll give you one!

Yeah, wanna drive me? :D
No worries, I'll check whether West Houston (KIWS) has one. It is about the same distance from my destination, however they only have RNAV approaches, not ILS like Sugarland. ;)

Cool.

Lou, you were right on the money. First I looked at their website which in very nice terms said what you said. Then I called and they told me they will only loan a car to "professional flight crews in a airplane with a corporate registration for 2 hours." Then I asked to confirm that they would not lend the car to GA pilots and was told, no, they would not. I have edited the listing to reflect the above. Glenn

Back