Airport closures list

CharlieD3

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CharlieD3
Okay I'll go first. While not officially closed to all operations, TN98 Sky Ranch is effectively closed. No rentals, no instruction. No gas. You can land there. You can take off from there, in your own plane.

It's a grass strip near Knoxville TN. It's where my club is based.

I'm not happy, but I understand. It's closure is based on Governor Lee's "safer at home" mandate.

I will fly again. Just later, rather than sooner, I guess.

fly to the scene of the incident, or be recovered at the scene of the tragedy

All of the airports on the Outer Banks of NC are NOTAMed PPR, as Dare County and Ocracoke Island are shut down to visitors and non-resident property owners.

Catalina/Avalon (KAVX) is closed, though I was able to land there just fine using X-Plane and Pilot2ATC.

Jonesboro, AR, KJBR, is currently Sunrise to Sunset only due to extensive damage from an EF3 tornado.

They’re no services provided from what I’ve heard.

GBR is closed for instruction and rental. If you own your own plane, you can fly.
I heard a rumor that an airport "local" to me is refusing to let owners get their planes out of the community hanger.
I'm going to take a ride over there tomorrow and check it out. I'm supposed to move a plane from the community hanger to South Albany.

KCDK, Cedar Key, NOTAM'ed closed until the 24th. Similar to Outer Banks, they are trying to keep sick people out.

KCFV Coffeyville, KS - Airport is open but terminal is closed. Fuel is on a call-out basis, and they're grumpy about it.

Ocean Ridge Airport, E55, is NOTAMed closed until June 1st, unless the stay-at-home orders for California and Mendocino County are lifted before then.

Back