Airport benches

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
The good news ...
I'm back from my trip to Oklahoma/Arkansas.
Hugged all the kids and grandkids.
Wedding was blissful.

The bad news ...
Caught the grandkids' cold.

The good news ...
With enough perseverence, you can get enough sudafed to survive flight with eardrums intact.
You can actually sleep on the airport benches at O'Hare if you have sufficient drugs in your system and a soft edge to your carry-on.
With sufficient drugs, you can actually sleep through without realizing your flight has been delayed 2-1/2 hours due to a door that won't close.

The bad news ...
When you do finally board, the seats on the plane recline a maximum of 2 inches, there are no pillows and sleep is out of the question despite the quantity of drugs.

The good news ...
We're home. The kids are happy. The grandkids are beautiful. The mechanic has released our plane. Life is good.

You can actually sleep on the airport benches at O'Hare if you have sufficient drugs in your system and a soft edge to your carry-on.
With sufficient drugs, you can actually sleep through without realizing your flight has been delayed 2-1/2 hours due to a door that won't close.

Oh. You missed the experience I had many years ago at O'Hare where I was dog tired after hauling all my crap around and landing at midnight. I was in my business suit. I sat down to recharge and wait for my chartered limo to pick me up when the JANITOR came by and rudely told me to move by rear so he could clean. Being that late there wasn't another person other than the two of us within the 2500 feet of the building.

I'd hate to think what would happen had I been sleeping.

As I recall it today...I guess I was younger then and let the guy live. I wouldn't today.

The good news ...

And you find the handful of benches without arm rests.

And you find the handful of benches without arm rests.
Actually, I found that one leg can be slid under the armrest and the other rests above it, if sleeping on my side while wearing heavy-duty Timberland boots to spread the pressure. I'm probably shorter than you.

As for anyone waking me, my solution would be several hacking coughs in the direction of the annoyer.:vomit:

Hubby took a photo at ORD. Thought you might enjoy seeing another of the reasons to fly yourself.:rofl:

Attachments

• 0675 delayed flight small.JPG
    0675 delayed flight small.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 33
Back