airplane wax

I like Nu-Finish especially on the windscreen. Great vis in rain on the ground. Fly into a cloud and all the bugs just slide off.

I like Nu-Finish especially on the windscreen. Great vis in rain on the ground. Fly into a cloud and all the bugs just slide off.

I don't tend to run into bugs in the clouds. I have hit some juicy ones up at 10,000 feet though.

the bugs you already have slide off in the cloud

Not sure about NuFinish, but some of the 'poly' products have solvents in them that will speed the hazing and decay of plexiglass.

You are working too hard if you are rubbing anything on the belly.
Spray it on

0007869850201_500X500.jpg

Hose it off.

Harmless to paint and aluminum. Actually leaves a waxy residue.

Not sure about NuFinish, but some of the 'poly' products have solvents in them that will speed the hazing and decay of plexiglass.
It doesn't, I've used it for years for exactly that reason. Makes the windows crystal clear and everything just slides off.

From LoPresti's website:

SpeedCoat2 is an environmentally safe, high-performance proective coaing designed to outerform and outlast traditional waxes, polishes, and pint sealants in ody's harsh enironment.

Regardless of its other properties, what other product can provide the same benefits? I mean, it is a "proective coaing" which "outerforms", seals "pints", and does all of these things in "ody's enironment". ;-)

Anybody who says a paint coating is going to buy you a few knots is hawking snake oil.

Back when I was in the volunteer fire department someone commented on how we were always out washing and polishing the equipment. I told them it decreased air resistance when we were driving at high speed.

Back when I was in the volunteer fire department someone commented on how we were always out washing and polishing the equipment. I told them it decreased air resistance when we were driving at high speed.

So 'bored ****less' isn't the the public answer?

So 'bored ****less' isn't the the public answer?

Hey, we took pride in our appearance. The aerodynamic argument was just amusing seeing how streamlined this 9 ton monster was (the front was a giant flat plate). Oddly enough I've seen the thing get up to 100 MPH on I-95 (I wasn't driving), the ambulance could barely do 90.

Questions about NuFinish:

... How many cans do you need to polish a four-seater single-engine plane, top and bottom?

To answer my own question, I bought one can of NuFinish. It polished almost half of my four-seater. So about 2.5 cans would be needed to finish the job.

That's fewer cans than for carnauba wax. I'm actually finishing the job with carnauba wax, to compare how the two products last, and in doing this I found the NuFinish spreads more easily, so I don't waste as much.

To answer my own question, I bought one can of NuFinish. It polished almost half of my four-seater. So about 2.5 cans would be needed to finish the job.

That's fewer cans than for carnauba wax. I'm actually finishing the job with carnauba wax, to compare how the two products last, and in doing this I found the NuFinish spreads more easily, so I don't waste as much.

Seriously? How much crap you put on? Two of us did this boat in less than 3 days and had leftovers in 2 bottles of Collenite 845.

image.jpg

Back