Airplane Stuff

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
I got some airplane-related stuff from the estate of a long-time airplane guy. All kinds of random stuff, but a few items are here. Ideas?

Two Continental Airplane tires, size 250x85; one new, one in decent shape, on a wheel with hub and bearings (serviceability unknown).

Piper Pressurized Navajo Plot Information Manual.

SunAir T-22-RA HF Radio with SCU22 control head and two antenna couplers.

Two Aircraft Price Digests, one from 1976, one from 1980 (make yourself cry!).

Five (I think) Sea Mate AV-5 Life Vests.

Three really stylish aviation-related caps, free to a good home.

Attachments

• DSCN4487.JPG
    DSCN4487.JPG
    647.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN4489.JPG
    DSCN4489.JPG
    643.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN4492.JPG
    DSCN4492.JPG
    660 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN4494.JPG
    DSCN4494.JPG
    608.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN4496.JPG
    DSCN4496.JPG
    684.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN4498.JPG
    DSCN4498.JPG
    668.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN4500.JPG
    DSCN4500.JPG
    677 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN4502.JPG
    DSCN4502.JPG
    688.2 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN4501.JPG
    DSCN4501.JPG
    673.9 KB · Views: 19
i dont know about that other stuff, but you gotta wear those hats to Gastons!

Spike, I have some relatives who are Baslers (yes, from Oshkosh). I'd love the Basler Airlines one for them!

It's yours, Grant. PM the address to me.

See if Celia will let you 'temporarily store' the radios on one of the living room shelves? (I think that sort of stuff looks really neat in normal living areas.)

That's some cool stuff, Spike!

I am a hat collector, but I think you look much better in those hats than I would. You really should consider keeping them!

That's some cool stuff, Spike!

I am a hat collector, but I think you look much better in those hats than I would. You really should consider keeping them!

Ummm... yeah. Alright, Nick. Sure.

Somehow, seems better to find, among y'all, someone who can use this stuff.
Yeah, but you may get more money off of Ebay. :yes: Even if they can't use it. :rofl: :dunno:

Well Spike are the life vests still good. I think I recall hearing something about them expiring. If they are good I'd keep them. Sure beats renting them or buying them at $35 a pop for that trip to the bahamas or the Cayman caravan or across lake Michigan.

I like the idea of displaying them on an empty shelf in the den or living room - my place is decorated like that. I've got a vintage airline theme going but display some defunct hobbs meters, oil pressure gages, tachs, etc. from aircraft that I've worked on over the years. Also, have you thought about making some kind of lamp or other conversational piece out of some of that? Could be done.....

I like the idea of displaying them on an empty shelf in the den or living room - my place is decorated like that. I've got a vintage airline theme going but display some defunct hobbs meters, oil pressure gages, tachs, etc. from aircraft that I've worked on over the years. Also, have you thought about making some kind of lamp or other conversational piece out of some of that? Could be done.....

Laurie, I like the way you think, but- you don't have a wife!

Good news is, you'll be in Dallas next week, so you get to choose an "item." :yes:

I thought only men decorated like that! ;)

Spike, it can't be any worse than just randomly buying those useless items to begin with like I do on slight occasions. I have a spinner I bought for $5 (one of the screw holes is broke) at SnF once for no specific reason. Although it did come in handy when we had to display an engineless starduster at an airshow once. The nosecone fit perfectly with a few twist ties! Ya never know when odd things will become usefull.

I just want a higher-res picture of Tristan on the motorcycle!

Back