Airplane stats? Cruise, Useful load, ...

cocolos

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
cocolos
What are some websites to find out all this information for particular models and years?

Ballpark.
My empty weight is 50 lbs higher than the POH states so I have slightly less useful load.

So can't be completely accurate but are likely based on the POH and should be close.

Google. Among the sites it often points to are pilotfriend.com and risingup.com. GIGO applies. On the other hand, they may be helpful for ballpark estimates.

Are they accurate?

Not always! As just one example...The PA32 Cherokee Six stats listed on AOPAs Aircraft Fact Sheets lists the engine for the PA32-260 as an IO-540-E4B5 and the next line down lists it again as an injected engine. Good grief - no such engine exists! It's an O-540-E4B5 carbureted engine! They also list the fuel cap. for the same plane as 50 gal with an extended range option of 84 gal. This 50 gal version of the Six was more of a marketing trick by Piper to jack up the useful load as high as possible...on paper. Few, if any, of these 50 gal equipped planes actually flew. You won't find one today.

Just like anything on the net, be careful what you read and cross check the info as much as possible (but you can believe what I'm telling ya! :D)

Also, ask other POAers what their numbers are for their particular planes. Heck, someone should start a new thread for POAers to list their a/c stats ;)

Better idea would be real-world database. The software can give all kinds of stats and toss out the obvious liars' numbers.

Back