Airplane Repo---TV show

Psshhh a cell phone will do just fine and he had his road GPS suction cupped to the window :wink2:

Yeah, yeah, I see ferry pilots do that all the time, why take a 396 with XM weather, when you have you're trusty Tom-Tom! :mad2::mad2:
I'm sure when other people see "reality" shows based on something they are familiar with, they have the same reaction, screeming at the TV.:nono:
I laugh at Wicked Tuna, and the Alaska flying shows, but they are fun to watch, better than which gay guy marries the slutty girl looking for a husband! :dunno:

I'm surprised no one commented on the scene where the pilot tried to get fuel from the truck but the hose was locked. I guess the producers want the public to think that if your repoing something its ok to break as many laws as you need to including Tresspass, theft etc. Unreal!

I'm surprised no one commented on the scene where the pilot tried to get fuel from the truck but the hose was locked. I guess the producers want the public to think that if your repoing something its ok to break as many laws as you need to including Tresspass, theft etc. Unreal!

Yeah, did you notice the lock looked brand new? I mean what fuel pump or fuel truck isn't locked during non-business hours? What airplane, especially a nice looking 414A is in the hangar with no gas? The shots of the panel showed 20-30 gallons per side, plenty for a short flight? :dunno: All about adding to the drama. :nono:

I just looked at the end of the no radio scene again . Right after he calls "the tower" to have them turn on the lights and tells the camera man to watch for traffic , there is infact some sort of radio lit up in the stack right under the crt ... In the beginning of that portion , it shows all the trays empty , but they are indeed back for the end of the show.. unfortunately the camera man is shaking the camera so you cant get a good view of the panel and I cant pause the ondemand frame by frame to get a good shot of it .

My wife who does not like flying finds the show interesting. She HATES Amish Mafia, Storage Wars, etc With aviation being out of the public eye except for the accidents anything that portrays aviation in a favorable light is good. There are shows like Ice Pilots (wife likes) and Air Alaska (wife does not) that do portray the rigors of commercial flying. The early Airplane Repo was accurate but most repossessions were towing the plane into a rented hangar and doing an annual.

Back