Airplane rental in Hawaii

texasag93

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
texasag93
We go to Hawaii every year (not this year, we added one to our family on 10/2 and my wife does not do swimwear while pregnant).

We are going back in February and I want to know if anyone has rented in Hawaii....

For Oahu - I had a island tour with one of the CFIs from Moore Aviation and they seemed to have their stuff together. Nice planes, reasonable prices for non-club members. Booking the plane is a little diffucult, they seems to always be in use but it's not really an issue with a couple/few weeks lead time. If I was headed back out there, I'd do business with them again.

Congrats on the +1!!

For Oahu - I had a island tour with one of the CFIs from Moore Aviation and they seemed to have their stuff together. Nice planes, reasonable prices for non-club members. Booking the plane is a little diffucult, they seems to always be in use but it's not really an issue with a couple/few weeks lead time. If I was headed back out there, I'd do business with them again.

Congrats on the +1!!
I'd second the Moore Aviation recommendation if you are going to be on Oahu. I banged out my day/night cross countries for my Commercial in their Travel Air while passing through on a Navy port visit. They were very accomodating.

I recently flew in Maui with Maui Aviators LLC. Their aircraft are in decent/good condition (minus fuel gauges that were intermittent due to 100 octane full lead).

Prices were good (Island prices) and the 172SP model was a 2006.

Maui is BE-A-UTIFUL and flying around the islands with my family was a HUGE bonus to the vacation.

If you are not comfortable with flying in SERIOUS winds, I would do some flying on windy days to stay proficient. Certain islands have trade winds on-average in the high 20's to low 30's kts and make for some interesting carrier landings (30kts GS).

I recently flew in Maui with Maui Aviators LLC. Their aircraft are in decent/good condition (minus fuel gauges that were intermittent due to 100 octane full lead).

Prices were good (Island prices) and the 172SP model was a 2006.

Maui is BE-A-UTIFUL and flying around the islands with my family was a HUGE bonus to the vacation.

If you are not comfortable with flying in SERIOUS winds, I would do some flying on windy days to stay proficient. Certain islands have trade winds on-average in the high 20's to low 30's kts and make for some interesting carrier landings (30kts GS).
:yeahthat:

Flew with Maui Aviators a number of years ago. They are good. Have fun!

Back