Airplane rental in Boston area?

lukezimmerman

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
57NC
I'm hoping to visit the Boston area in the fall for 5 days, and thought it would be fun to rent a plane one day to do some flying up into NH/VT/ME. Does anyone know of any airports in the greater Boston area that have rental aircraft? I poked around the internet a bit but didn't find anything.

Thanks.

KBED (e.g., Executive Flyers)
KLWM
KOWD
KBVY
KASH (Nashua NH)

Thanks for the input gentlemen. My usual way of finding aircraft rental in other areas has been to go on the Airnav website for various airports in the area of interest and look for listings/websites for the FBOs and flight schools. That seems to be unfruitful for these particular Boston-area airports. I see a variety of FBO's listed but don't come across any business on the Airnav pages and advertises rental aircraft. Is there a better method for researching this info?

Look up flight schools, not FBO.
You can rent J-3 Cubs at Hampton NH.

Well yes I wasn't solely looking at FBOs, but really on any business listed on the Airnav web pages for these airport. My question is ... is there a better source than Airnav for finding info on the businesses that will rent aircraft at airports?

For example, how would I find the info on the business that rents J-3s at Hampton Airfield?

Thanks.

Well yes I wasn't solely looking at FBOs, but really on any business listed on the Airnav web pages for these airport. My question is ... is there a better source than Airnav for finding info on the businesses that will rent aircraft at airports?

For example, how would I find the info on the business that rents J-3s at Hampton Airfield?

Thanks.

Look up the airfield, easily found on Google.

I'm hoping to visit the Boston area in the fall for 5 days, and thought it would be fun to rent a plane one day to do some flying up into NH/VT/ME. Does anyone know of any airports in the greater Boston area that have rental aircraft? I poked around the internet a bit but didn't find anything.

Thanks.

I am a CFI for the largest rental outfit in New England. Getting you a checkout shouldn't be hard. We have the "I'm on a business trip and want an aircraft checkout" customer fairly often.

PM me for info.

A little bit south of boston but KSFZ has rental aircraft at decent rates

I am a CFI for the largest rental outfit in New England. Getting you a checkout shouldn't be hard. We have the "I'm on a business trip and want an aircraft checkout" customer fairly often.

PM me for info.

thats east coast aeroclub at kbed???

thats east coast aeroclub at kbed???

Correct. It's a fun place to teach at on the weekends. We seem to have collected a fair number of CFIs who really like to teach, but have other (likely higher paying) employment.

I'm one of them.

I rent from 1B9. It's about 45 minutes south of Boston. They have C172SP's for $140/hour wet.

Thanks for the input everyone. I think the Citabria from KBED or a J-3 up at Hampton, NH will fit the bill perfectly.

Back