Airplane prices really have gone insane

Airplane prices are NOT going up. It is the FED printing and the dollar tanking. Had a micro 16oz. brew yesterday for ONLY $7.00 USD!

A microbrew for seven bucks has been on the cheap side for a loooooong time now. You must live in the sticks. :p

I bought my AA5 in August for $25k. I was in the right place at the right time though. We are 8 weeks into our first annual together. I'm told this is the worst one...
8 weeks!? :eek:
No pre-buy?
Shop for annual has no Grumman experience?

8 weeks!? :eek:
No pre-buy?
Shop for annual has no Grumman experience?
There was a pre-buy. I knew that the tanks needed to be resealed. The shop is pretty busy and lost half (1of2) of their A&Ps.

When I bought my 182A six years ago, at the time, I felt I might have overpaid for my airplane.
I just bought a 182B for more than I ever thought I'd spend. I bought the most expensive one on the market, but I didn't pay asking price. It has newer paint and leather interior, auto-pilot, and the engine is being overhauled now. I shouldn't have to worry about anything for awhile.

My friend Travis bought Tim Winter's 182 a couple of years ago and loves it. It was probably the most expensive one on the market then and now he could easily get $20K more than he paid (no, he won't sell it... I tried!)

Back