Airplane history database

Aerospace reports is one thing i used when buying my plane last year. It was a great resource. They did a lien check and had all the sales paperwork from the beginning of the aircraft. There is a fee of course.

www.aerospacereports.com. I got the AOPA Title Search Package for $95. Well worth it.

They also will do an escrow service between you and the seller if you need that service.

Last edited:
I used aerospace reports as well. Well worth the money. Sometimes there's unreported incidents in the faa database as far as incursions. But they'll show up on a 337 in the report if it needed a repair. Even ran one on my dads Cherokee six. He thought he was the third owner. Turns out he was the 9th if you deduct it being in Muncie aviation's hands on 4 separate occasions. You also get to see where a plane was based without digging through logs.

Yeah, I went through my logbook a while back entering everything into a spreadsheet.

I searched every aircraft to get model year, actual type (because it wasn't always logged correctly), serial number, etc....
all of that just for grins really.... no real use in any of it....

in a couple cases I found photos of some of the planes....that's really kinda fun...especially a picture of Champ N3692E, flown by this lady back in 1960....6 years before I was born. I flew the plane a little bit, some 33 years after her
https://generalaviationnews.com/2019/07/02/earthrounder-receives-wright-brothers-master-pilot-award/

and I still have a few holes in my logbook.

N26EF for example. Cessna 152 but I can't find the model year anyplace. Maybe it's buried in the serial number 15282800...but I find it odd that it's not listed in any of the sources I found
ditto N9987V.. can find no year model for this one
....several of those with no year model posted.....
N4866G as another example. Cessna 172 but I can find no reference for it. It was logged by an instructor, & maybe written wrong. This one is frustrating because it's the only 172 time that I can't tag to a specific variant

a lot of this missing info is probably out there someplace.....

Anyway
I had a similar thought about searching old aircraft.... Could be interesting to see how we are connected.... like that old game "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon" I've rented and flown several different aircraft through the years. Curious if anyone here has flown those same ones....

that's funny, I did the same thing. I went through and converted my logbook to excel and while doing it went and found all the old pics I had of all the planes I have flown (14 in total) I had most of them but had to use the google for a couple. I have one pic of a plane i rented that has a strange family in front of it, but was the only pic I could find on the interwebs. Here are the N numbers I have flown. Most of these were in the Atlanta or Greenville/Spartanburg SC area. While flying recently I heard one of the N numbers come in to an uncontrolled airport I was doing T&Gs at and wanted to say hello, but opted not to. Hadn't seen that plane in 10 years

N757LB - 152
N14SW - 150M
N199GW - Archer 2
N8287S - Archer 2
N9345J - Cherokee 180
N737DZ - 172N
N52344- 172P
N2105X - 172S
N3552C - 172S
N163GQ - 172S
N157ME - 172S
N5339M - 172S
N620SP - 172S
N3785F - 172H

I was kind of into photography back when I was doing a lot of flying, but sadly didn't take a lot of pictures of the planes I flew, and not even a whole lot flying. Different hobbies and I was focused on flying I suppose..... I wish I had photos of all the planes I flew

regarding tail number...one oddball thing I had the privilege of doing was flying sequential numbered aircraft. Not a big deal I suppose for anyone flying in one of those big mega schools, but the places I've always rented from were small hodge podge operations. In this case though they apparently bought two at the same time
I have 10.8 hours in N273GT and 13.5 hours in N274GT...172RG's Serial numbers are sequential so I know it's not a result of a re-number. Those planes had been side by side apparently for quite a while.... 1983 model and I flew them in 1999 I think it was. 3GT is apparently in Brazil now....

Back