Airnav has a pilot shop now?

inav8r

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mike B.
I was just checking out some airport destinations on airnav today and noticed they had a pilot shop, anyone else notice this or have any experience with them?

Airnav Pilot Shop

inav8r said:
I was just checking out some airport destinations on airnav today and noticed they had a pilot shop, anyone else notice this or have any experience with them?

Airnav Pilot Shop

Did you see the Company Logo? It's currently "Company Logo."

Do ya think it just *might* be a private label on a generic site?
NAH!

Hey, Chuck! The POA Pilot Shop looks like a no branier! ;)

Looks like it's affiliated with Airways out of Lancaster, PA, also known as joepilot.com.

I've ordered from them in the past...best chart prices you can find with 20% off (ie sectionals for $6). Not worth it for one chart as shipping is $5, but if you take a long trip and need several charts, it can be a good deal.

Jon

A trip would have to be really, REALLY long (circumnavigating the country?), before I could imagine the savings on charts justifying going around the local FBO's pilot shop. And, I think, not even then.

They are on the field, local, stock charts for when I need them on a walk-in basis, andthey are an important partof the local airport economy.

Gas is $4.00/gallon, and I'd mail order charts to save three or five bucks a chart cycle?

As long as they'll stock 'em, I'll buy 'em, from my friendly, neighborhood FBO.

Well, yeah, if I did not have a readily-available, well-stocked local pilot shop, I'd feel differently, I know.

But, lucky me, I do, and I just bought my charts for next month's Tallahassee jaunt there.

Wanna meet me at HEZ for lunch?

We'll see what we can work out, then! Although we can do ADS-TLH non-stop, CJane does not like the lo-o-o-ng stage lengths.

Likely headed eastbound on Saturday, 6 August, returning the following Saturday (but then, from PNS, more likely to be done non-stop).

Just, this time, let's do without the hurricanes, OK?

Back