Airlines - where to sit?

I do recall some spectacular views from airline seats over the years, but I think for the most part I'm burned out on airline travel. There's nothing about the airline experience that can't be improved with a general anesthetic. Those aren't rows numbered on the seating chart; they're levels of Purgatory.
I think slave ships had more room for their passengers than economy class does today. Looking forward to a series between Lincoln NE and India in a few days riding steerage class.

I had a customer a number of years ago when I worked for a German company that looked at things a little differently. We had to fly him to Germany a few times (at our expense). He was an important customer, and we would have flown him Business Class without any question. However, he would only fly with a seat over the wing which of course meant Economy. I guess he thought it was a safety thing, but I had to shake my head every time he did that.

Back in the days when I had to fly in cattle cars, I always sat as close to the wing as I could get, ideally right above the pivot point. That is about the smoothest ride on an aircraft. The tail is the worst, it's like riding a yo-yo, up- n- down, over and over, the whole trip.

John

Back