Airliners grounded by mice

NoHeat

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
From an article on bbc.co.uk

A Nepal Airlines Boeing 757 has been grounded at Hong Kong's airport after a mouse was seen in the cockpit, an airline official has told the BBC. ...

Nepal Airlines General Manager Sita Gurung said that the plane would have to remain in Hong Kong until the mouse was caught.

The airline said that the mouse posed a potential safety risk.

Ms Gurung said that it was capable of chewing the aircraft's cables and could unsettle some passengers.​

The article also mentions SAS and Delta flights that have been delayed by mice sightings.

So I'm wondering what comes after the mouse is caught. Is the plane immediately deemed airworthy then, or must mechanics inspect wiring? Isn't there a lot of wiring to inspect?

A few years ago, Delta Airlines had a couple of mice that had made their home in one of the airline membership clubs on the A concourse at ATL. This was in the latter days of DL's position as the "Official airline of Disney World".

Some of the club regulars took to naming the mice: Mickey, Minnie, Annette....

If this was the US the concern would be that the mouse had not been security screened.
More like it would have starved to death from the lack of food (snacks) available on the aircraft.

I had red squirrels chew thru the seam on my aluminum fuel tank, it started seeping fuel, that must have been when they stopped?

Back