Airline or CFI Help Needed!

bobbyek

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
bobbyek
As a part of our English class we are required to generate an "Exploration Project". The Exploration project is a full year project which consists of finding an answer to a question of choice. I personally do want to be a pilot so my topic is related to aviation. My research topic is " Why is air travel the safest method of transportation?". A common phrase people use but is it necessarily true, that is what I want to find out. Along with your answers and my research I hope to come to a solid conclusion to this question. I have composed several questions that I believe will help me achieve this. If a question is too personal please put the question number and then the answer as "too personal". If you do not know the answer do the same thing but instead write "I do not have the answer". After answering all the questions please feel free to leave any advice or information that you believe would be valuable, such as pictures, links, and etc. Once more, I thank you for your time immensely and I really appreciate it.

Please leave your full name, how long you have been working as a pilot and the level certficate you have.

For pictures, brouchures,websites and more email me at caughtup693@hotmail.com

1. Why are some tasks not carried out by computer systems in an aircraft?
2. What is the relationship between size of aircraft and the types of computers it is equipped with?
3. What is the relationship between size of aircraft and difficulty maneuvering?
4. Are there any other precautions besides those listed in the airplane checklists that you conduct to ensure maximum safety onboard?
5.Which ways can a pilot distress to report an emergency? Which is most effective?
6. What are the standard security measures before, on and after a flight to ensure maximum safety for the passengers?
7. What new technological advancements help provide the aircraft with more accuracy, performance, and safety than in previous years?
8.How do procedures for passengers bracing vary on the type of crash? Why are some methods more effective than others?
9.How does fatigue from previous flights affect a pilot’s performance?
Which part during the flight do pilots focus their most attention?
10. What are some common distractions during a flight?
11. How does turbulence affect the way a pilot flies? When encountered with extreme turbulence do you leave autopilot on or take control yourself?
12. How do crosswinds and downdrafts affect landing? How often do you contact air traffic control? (During which phase of flight)
13. What routines are involved in planning an IFR flight? What routines are involved in planing an VFR flight?
14. When would a pilot be not permitted to fly due to their health?
15. How often does a pilot have to be tested for their skills?
16. What improvements do you think should be made to the aviation industry to improve safety?

Back