Airline food... live cockroaches, no charge!!

:eek: In my opinion they should not get a second chance...they should be put out of business for good! A company should get a second chance if they make a mistake or they have a few bad employees that are making them look bad. However, in this case it sounds like this crap has been going on for quite some time.

Airline food. No such thing. Other than peanuts or pretzels, served in a sealed bag, I've not eaten food provided by an airline in years.

Len

I submit the worst airline food I've ever had was that coming out of Mexico City on United to Dulles. one bite - that's it. awful stuff.

I don't miss the "meals", apart from some of the international carriers. Air France always got it right - and you got champagne as soon as you sat down. ahhhhhhhh.

Greebo said:
Nothing like a little good home West Virginia Cooking, right Joe?

YUMMY! Cockroach Salad!!
:goofy: :D

Hey... just cause it came from the road don't mean it's got cockroaches and pink slime in it!!

Ants and maggots maybe, but no pink slime!! :hairraise:

Best meal I had was on Air Mexico from NYC to Cancun - they served unlimited free beer with breakfast! Can't remember what the food was! :D

Joe Williams said:
Hey... just cause it came from the road don't mean it's got cockroaches and pink slime in it!!

Ah, I forgot, we grew up in different parts of the state. ;)

Len Lanetti said:
I've not eaten food provided by an airline in years.
Len

Funny, I haven't been provided a meal on an airline in years! :rofl: I count myself as lucky!

Jeff

bstratt said:
Best meal I had was on Air Mexico from NYC to Cancun - they served unlimited free beer with breakfast! Can't remember what the food was! :D

I remember landing in Brussels once, 9 AM, en route to Venice... had a 2 hour layover so I thought, well, it's closing time somewhere, I think I'll have a beer. last call!

Joe Williams said:

now, I am going to hurl. :eek:

Len Lanetti said:
Airline food. No such thing. Other than peanuts or pretzels, served in a sealed bag, I've not eaten food provided by an airline in years.

Len

Midwest Airlines.

woodstock said:
I submit the worst airline food I've ever had was that coming out of Mexico City on United to Dulles. one bite - that's it. awful stuff.

I don't miss the "meals", apart from some of the international carriers. Air France always got it right - and you got champagne as soon as you sat down. ahhhhhhhh.

SwissAir now named SWISS

woodstock said:

You still do on some. My wife and I had a very nice experience on our recent trip to England on BA :)

Estonian Airways has good food.
AND (GASP) real silverware!!!!!!!!!
Along with really yummy chocolate desserts

Joe Williams said:
Yummy! Live cockroaches, pink slime, and other goodies... boy, makes me hungry just thinking about it LOL.

It gives new meaning to Gourmet (Airline style).

The most unusual meal that I had on an airline was during a flight on Air Pacific from Fiji to Los Angeles. My breakfast consisted of Grilled Fish and Tropical Fruit ... it was very good but a rather different fare than what I expected.

SJP said:
You still do on some. My wife and I had a very nice experience on our recent trip to England on BA :)

true true. BA is very good, Virgin good, Swiss good. actually pretty much any foreign carrier. I like that Virgin will hand out either Baileys shots or Dove bars after everyone has settled down.

Worked for a start up international carrier out of DFW, US Africa Air. They flew to Cape Town and Johannesburg. On the return flights always had African specialties. The grilled Gazelle was particularly good. Also worked on an around the world charter for ATA. Nothing but 4+ star food and drink onboard. Such a deal, sit in the aft lounge and stuff my face.
Ron

Back