Aircraft vs House - Northglenn, CO (N. Denver suburb)

According to witnesses it was a banner tow airplane. The pilot is still alive and walked away per the spokesperson from the fire department.

Whew. If he walked away, that's good. And if it's the banner towers, I'm sure I know which airplane it was. Super Cub? Looking at what's left of the tail, I think so.

CBS4 Denver has live video up from the heli. They're still trying to put out the fire.

He missed the satellite dish! That's the important part! LOL! Man there's some big trees in that 'hood and it looks like one of the more affluent areas of Northglenn. See a number of three story houses nearby and the neighbor across the road has a big above ground pool. The neighbors milling in front of the house to the West (hint: satellite dishes point south, that's why I was looking for it) are standing in front of a four car add on garage.

Oh man now I'm dying laughing.

Apparently the banner being towed was for Farmer's Insurance!!!!

"Aircraft falling from the sky? We cover that!"

Is there an unofficial (or official for that matter) Pilot's Code that states you have a responsibility to not crash into a house or other potentially occupied building, even if it means deliberately ditching the plane, and you might not walk away from it?

Thank goodness in this case it looks like nobody was at home and the pilot walked away, at least according to the Denver Post website.

Oh man now I'm dying laughing.

Apparently the banner being towed was for Farmer's Insurance!!!!

"Aircraft falling from the sky? We cover that!"
Now that the house has been pre-disastered, you don't even need insurance.

So it turns out it was a GEICO banner not Farmers. And the pilot was a firefighter. He came outside, grabbed the garden hose, and went back in to battle the blaze that already covered the entire staircase.

It gets stranger and stranger. Apparently he owned this house in the past and sold it in 2003 :confused: .

He missed the satellite dish! That's the important part! LOL! Man there's some big trees in that 'hood and it looks like one of the more affluent areas of Northglenn. See a number of three story houses nearby and the neighbor across the road has a big above ground pool. The neighbors milling in front of the house to the West (hint: satellite dishes point south, that's why I was looking for it) are standing in front of a four car add on garage.

Wait -- there's an affluent part of Northglenn????

Wait -- there's an affluent part of Northglenn????
now, now - he typed "more affluent" not "affluent" big difference. It's sorta like "white trash slum" vs "white trash neighborhood" <-- seewhatImean? the "neighborhood" is more affluent than the "slum"

Are the banner tow guys still out of Erie? Noticed they've been having fun with the spring weather...

We can make jokes all we want, but this is the kind of crash that gets people fired up to close down airports and gives GA a black eye. Might even get new local regulations on banner towing. We like to think planes hitting houses is a really rare occurrence, but if you Google "plane crash house", then click images, you get a different picture.

I'm glad nobody died and there were no major injuries, but this really sucks.

According to witnesses it was a banner tow airplane. The pilot is still alive and walked away per the spokesperson from the fire department.

Per the NTSB, it was a PA25 Pawnee AgPlane N4519Y

It gets stranger and stranger. Apparently he owned this house in the past and sold it in 2003 :confused: .

"I don't always crash my banner towing airplane into houses, but when I do, I crash into the house I used to own, walk outside, grab the garden hose, and fight the fire. Stay thirsty, my friends!"

Back