Aircraft type at Lago Vista, TX - 5R3

Jim Chumley

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Chumley
I drove up to Lago Vista today. There is a fleet of jets there that I did not recognize. The aircraft has a V-tail with a tandem seating arrangement; it's a twin-engine with fuselage mounts, low-to-the-ground airplane. All of them had tip tanks. There must have been 6-7 of them in various states of repair.

Anyone recognize the description? I've never seen one of these before.

Jim

That's the airplane. Wow. The aircraft are sitting in the open and don't appear airworthy. Thanks for the information.

Jim

Jim Chumley said:
I drove up to Lago Vista today. There is a fleet of jets there that I did not recognize. The aircraft has a V-tail with a tandem seating arrangement; it's a twin-engine with fuselage mounts, low-to-the-ground airplane. All of them had tip tanks. There must have been 6-7 of them in various states of repair.

Anyone recognize the description? I've never seen one of these before.

Jim

Aerospatial CM-170 Fouga Magistrar. Powered by two TurboMecca Either Marbury II or VI engines. The have an ear piercing whistle on the ground. Note the periscope in the back seat for the instructor to land with. Interesting and cheap way to get into a jet, but I think the Paris Jet is more functional for the drive train.

Back