Aircraft Suggestions

Read what I wrote before, it was a response to a thread to demonstrate equal and opposite stupidity. In real advertisements such as Controller or TaP the numbers were quite different.

Your $250K ad was in Controller.

My response was to counter you questioning my memory.... that you indeed did run an ad in Controller asking north of $200K for your aircraft.... even if it was a joke. I was in the thread... I know why you did it. But I suspect buyer's who were not in on the inside joke on AOPA's Red Board didn't know that. It's the only price I ever saw in an ad for your airplane.

Hey, to each their own. I was just sharing my thoughts on suggestions for aircraft the OP might want to look at, which included a Cherokee 6 and entry level booted twin. I see you shared your recommendation for a Gulfstream III.

I think a Malibu would do the job perfectly. Go high and non-stop.

This is good advice if you can find what you need for rent. If I could have found PA32 for rent... I'd have just owned a kitfox or some other used experimental. But as it is... we just have 150/172's for rent in deplorable shape.
This is true in most of the cities where I've bothered looking. You can rent a 172 or 182, but six seaters are few and far between. I always used to drool over some place in Atlanta that had a rental Malibu and A36 Bonanza. The Malibu crashed and the Bonanza went away too.

PiperPilot, if you don't mind spending less then your budget, try seeing if these guys will take $40,000 for this booted/garmin/stec equipped Aztec, maybe start a little lower so you can come up, but if it is what it is it's worth it:

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/1642632.html

Asking is $55K, I'm seeing about $46K for Vref retail, +- the MX20 and the boots

If the OP wishes to investigate a Lance, I know of one not yet on the public market around Dallas.

PiperPilot, if you don't mind spending less then your budget, try seeing if these guys will take $40,000 for this booted/garmin/stec equipped Aztec, maybe start a little lower so you can come up, but if it is what it is it's worth it:

Asking is $55K, I'm seeing about $46K for Vref retail, +- the MX20 and the boots

Let me take a look.. thanks for all the help btw.

Good find, Jeff. I have had my Aztruck for 14 years now and I still love it! With the current market price for twins they are an exceptional value. I have found my 1971 turbo E model to be a great, most weather, long distance cruiser capable of carrying 6 "standard size" people and light baggage for 4 hour legs very comfortably. My experience is that most GA aircraft are really only useable for long trips for two less seats than they have installed.

Last edited:
Back