Aircraft Stalls as Skydivers Prepare to Jump

If these occur in the US, the FAA should violate the PIC under 91.9 (a) Except as provided in paragraph (d) of this section, no person may operate a civil aircraft without complying with the operating limitations specified in the approved Airplane or Rotorcraft Flight Manual and 91.19 Reckless Operation provided they survive.

I don’t think the pilot in that video meant to do that, having the FAA violate people who share bad experiences they had results in people not sharing these experiences and makes the whole of aviation less safe.

now if he spun that plane intentionally, for sure go after him

“I figured they're not jumping”

didn’t call ahead of time and ask about where the drop and if they are jumping that day

flew through the area they drop, yes you can, but you can also fly through active warning and MOAs

Also did you review the jumpers footage to see if he went through a cloud and it wasn’t just the angle of your view?

Sounds like you put yourself into a bad spot

How can you avoid having this happen to you again? Do you think it would have been worth a phone call before the flight, avoiding the area where jumpers are dropped, or any other ideas?
If they jumped through a ceiling it’s not safe or legal. This one is on the jump operation. Not the poster you quoted.

If they jumped through a ceiling it’s not safe or legal. This one is on the jump operation. Not the poster you quoted.

Ah ok, in that case I agree, however if video shows that the jumper didn’t actually go through a ceiling of clouds, the complainants details should be given out to the accused for possible slander, and made public.

Ah ok, in that case I agree, however if video shows that the jumper didn’t actually go through a ceiling of clouds, the complainants details should be given out to the accused for possible slander, and made public.
That’s lame. People do **** all the time that’s not in compliance with the regulations and people say dumb stuff without knowing what they are talking about even more often. Your outlook is kinda sweet.

N256TA seems to have a storied history.

Yea that was at my airport. That particular King Air was in use there going back gosh, at least 15 years as far as I can remember. It was a familiar sight/sound there for many years. I also remember it being parked for about a year with a janked gear and bent prop before it finally disappeared but there do not appear to be any NTSB reports on that incident which I'd guess was 2017 or 2018. I actually never knew it was the Hawaii plane, must have been a thrilling adventure getting that old bird over there!

Here's some video of a skydiver in free fall close to an airplane:

See and avoid won't work for an airplane pilot to avoid a skydiver.

Here's some video of a skydiver in free fall close to an airplane:

See and avoid won't work for an airplane pilot to avoid a skydiver.
Yikes! Late this summer, we were skirting around an active parachute area and saw jumpers both before and during the canopy opening - closer than I expected to the edge of the charted parachute area, but not close like that. I think that my wife almost did a spit take when I called them meat bombs!

Back