Aircraft Spruce’s Panel Rope glareshield lighting

frtrkap

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
frtrkap
Hi,

Curious to know if someone had this product installed in their aircraft? Either incandescent or LED. I would like to see pictures of installations and in-use pictures to evaluate brightness.

Thank you

Here is a screenshot of my 172 panel taken today. Notice that the adhesive that holds the lighting isn't holding the rope/string in place. A little glue will fix that. I have the white lighting but would recommend the red if it's available. It works great. Installed during our last annual. Also note that the left fuel tank gauge is showing empty, however it is full of fuel. Need to get that fixed.
panel.png

I used Glo Strip. About 1-1/2” wide. Controlled by a MaxDim. Works great.

Would you happen to have a link for the Glo Strip?

You can (not saying you should or shouldn’t) buy a battery operated adhesive LED light strip with adjustable color and brightness settings, from Target, Walmart, etc. if you did, don’t let it be your only source of instrument lighting (keep panel lights, head lamp, flash light, etc).

I installed these “portable” LED’s. $10 on Amazon. USB powered. I can plug them into the top left USB. The pics are full bright and full dim. Not permanently installed, they just use double sided tape which they come with.

e55446bd752a4503df9344f627079ded.jpg

d8de925044d0886f76d0454f33272491.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back