Aircraft rentals at PDX?

BeRad

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Master Shake
I'm considering moving to Portland and will be living close to PDX. It seems Flightcraft is the only FBO and I don't think they rent GA airplanes. Does anyone know if they, or anyone else at PDX, rents aircraft? Thanks.

What Scott said. Their C-150's, 172's (160 and 180 hp) and Arrow II are not pretty by any means, but rates are reasonable. KVUO is an uncontrolled field with a country airport feel.

There's also Troutdale, east of KPDX.

Depending if you are looking at the city or the 'burbs, there are a few fields to the west of the city (Hillsboro, Aurora, Twin Oaks, etc) that have a good rental fleet.

Cool, thanks for the responses. I've been really hoping to find something at PDX, since i'll likely be living very close. The airport in Vancouver is also pretty close, though I expect traffic could be an issue going over the bridge. (I hate traffic...) They have very nice rental rates there, i assume however, since it's in Washington there will be a lot of tax added on. I've heard that Hillsboro does have a nice FBO but I would really prefer not to drive all the way across town.

Does anyone have any experience hangering a GA airplane at PDX? Is it cost-prohibitive or a hassle? Thanks.

Back