Aircraft rental in NOLA

Flyingfanatic

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Flying Fanatic
We're doing a trip with friends to New Orleans next month. Anyone have a referral for a place to rent an airplane for an hour or so? Just like to do a sight seeing flight in the area.

Anything I should be aware of flying in the area, such as the mountainous terrain? Lol.

Any traffic in the area, please advise.

Maybe Gulf Coast Aviation at Lakefront/KNEW? No personal experience with them though, as I'm further north up near Baton Rouge. Lakefront is one of my favorite airports to land at, with the over water approach, but it can be busy at times with the Class B airspace.

Here's another option with "Mile High Club" service that's across the lake: http://www.airreldan.com/rides_rentals.html

Last edited:
We're doing a trip with friends to New Orleans next month. Anyone have a referral for a place to rent an airplane for an hour or so? Just like to do a sight seeing flight in the area.

Anything I should be aware of flying in the area, such as the mountainous terrain? Lol.

Any traffic in the area, please advise.

I called these guys. www.flynola.com. They said minimum 1 hour ground and one hour in the air for checkout. You have to prepay for rental and no refunds if you cancel, even for weather. And you have to have Renters insurance with $50,000 hull coverage

Won't be using Flynola then. I did see the Airreldan mile high club flights. Wow

FLIGHT TYPE PRICING * DESCRIPTION
Joy Rides $75.00 per person 30 minute sightseeing flight, 2 person minimum required

Champagne Flight $250.00 per couple 45 minutes sightseeing the surrounding parish, includes Champagne

Wine & Cheese Flight $295.00 per couple 1 hour sightseeing flight around Lake Pontchatrain, St. Tammany Parish.
Includes wine basket with cheese, crackers and grapes.

Mile High Club Flight $1,000.00 per couple 1 hour flight in our twin engine King Air turbo prop. Complete privacy assured

Customize Your Own Sightseeing Flight

Previously based out of NEW and PPL through Gulf Coast. They had a few 172s’s, one with G1000. Had a DA42, too but haven’t seen it around in quite a while. Good experience with them but I’ve added a few gray hairs since then so...
Local ATC guys are great and will give you a “city tour” over the downtown area no problem. Use caution as high risk of CFIT with nearby Monkey Hill and the levees;) Really do have a couple of 1K foot towers just east of the city, though.

About 2 weeks ago I flew into the airport (L31) with the "Mile High Club" service. My relatives picked me up from there and we went to eat at The Chimes in Covington and the atmosphere was great, it was maybe 10 minutes from the airport. We have a couple of these around Baton Rouge as well and the food is consistently good, but I had never been to that one, which overlooks some water. Not sure if they have Uber or Lyft from the airport, but might be a nice short flight to check out the Lake and what not. The Abita Brewery is right nearby as well and offers tours.

If I’m around I can take you flying while you’re in town.

If I’m around I can take you flying while you’re in town.
Take him up on it @Flyingfanatic. We're in town for Jazz Fest. I was going to rent a plane but glad I did this instead. Put my wife up front for the best view but I got a great one from the back also. He knows how to get that pesky ol' low wing outta the way to see the sights. And his knowledge of the history of the area is great. IMG_0379.JPG IMG_0384.JPG IMG_0376.JPG

Back