For Sale Aircraft rental at AFW Dallas

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
Good place to rent aircraft at Alliance Airport (AFW)?

For what need? Short term, one off and just a few hours? Or something regular, routine, and on going?

For either, there really isn't anything at KAFW. But depending on our answer, there are several other possibilities within 15-20 minutes drive of KAFW.

Mike is right, Alliance isn't the place for GA rentals. I don't even think I know any owners who keep their GA planes there.

Describe your need and we'll point you in the correct direction.

Doesn't ATP have an operation there? I see plenty o busmashers when I gas n go there in the ol work rocket.

Fleet training rentals aren't really friendly to the traveling hobby anyways. Clubs and odd end partnerships seem more condusive to the enjoyment of private piston GA, assuming flight training is in fact not what you're looking for.

Mark Air moved there.

They are not GA friendly.
MarcAir is more focused on training and moving into the Part141 world. You're correct that they are not inclined to rent to pilots who aren't enrolled in their schooling.

Doesn't ATP have an operation there? I see plenty o busmashers when I gas n go there in the ol work rocket.
No. But many of their aircraft visit there for landing practice... AFW's friendly tower and looooooong runways provide a good environment for practicing landings.

Heck, lots of instructors bring their students there for that. Even I was there within this last few days sharpening up my short and soft field landing skills with my CPL instructor.

Back